Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #11
Blurrz
Fast Everything
Re: Is WFC/FOC dead?

ROTDS was pretty demoralizing, especially since FoC was generally a pretty darn good game.

I hope the series isn't dead, but by all means, I don't really have my hopes up at all.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:31 AM   #12
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I'd say for now it is, classic two steps forward one step back from Hasbro on this one. I only want to know why and who (individual/committee) made this decision? Even if High Moon was in distress after the Deadpool game I would have like to seen Hasbro give High Moon a little $ bump to develop a finish for WFC/FOC. I felt it really deserved a finish and was looking forward to a conclusion what ever it was going to be and Dark Spark isn't it. Personally I'd like to see movies and games slow down this 2 year process/cycle and maybe stretch it out to 3 and give these things a little more quality.

The Dark Spark concept was dumb to me right from the beginning, even if High Moon was working on this I still think it is not where the game franchise should have gone. The better move would have been to skip the movie game for this movie or release it with the Blu Ray/DVD (hey there's a concept maybe buy a little more time to make a decent movie tie in game)

Sometimes it seems like a company tripping over itself trying to race and hustle for everything.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
I'd say for now it is, classic two steps forward one step back from Hasbro on this one. I only want to know why and who (individual/committee) made this decision? Even if High Moon was in distress after the Deadpool game I would have like to seen Hasbro give High Moon a little $ bump to develop a finish for WFC/FOC. I felt it really deserved a finish and was looking forward to a conclusion what ever it was going to be and Dark Spark isn't it. Personally I'd like to see movies and games slow down this 2 year process/cycle and maybe stretch it out to 3 and give these things a little more quality.

The Dark Spark concept was dumb to me right from the beginning, even if High Moon was working on this I still think it is not where the game franchise should have gone. The better move would have been to skip the movie game for this movie or release it with the Blu Ray/DVD (hey there's a concept maybe buy a little more time to make a decent movie tie in game)

Sometimes it seems like a company tripping over itself trying to race and hustle for everything.
I would gladly wait an extra year for a better developed product.

Played WFC with my nephew this last weekend and had a blast.

Really loved the campaign gameplay and storyline.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #14
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Yeah, I'd say it's pretty much dead.

It's a real shame and I don't get why they didn't continue making the games. Maybe it was studio cutbacks. Maybe it was because the toys did poorly.

Who know. Maybe when RID starts up we'll see another game from them because they are all supposed to be part of the "Aligned" continuity. But I highly doubt it.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 10-15-2014 at 04:03 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #15
Protoman
The Legend

We will get more games, but they will be games related to merchendising.

WFC/FOC got the greenlit because Hasbro was going to make toys. LOTS of toys. SDCC toys, retail exclusive toys, normal retail toys. The molds got used overseas.

That's why WFC/FOC even happened.

RoTD was to phone in a "movie game" without it being a "movie game". The past 3 TF movies had games, this AoE had to have SOMETHING but Highmoon was still riding out the love from their past brands.

It has Hasbro's need to make a game based on new product vs. Highmoon continuing with their own characters.

The clash led to the faith of most movie based titles in sales.

Transformers RID 2.0 the game? Damn right it will happen. It will be a phoned in licensed game like Transformers Prime was for Wii/WiiU/3DS

Enjoy the reality.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #16
Wheeljack Off
Banned

Interesting Protoman.

Any references or insight into where you got the information to draw this conclusion or is it just an opinion?
Old 10-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #17
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Ya, Protoman, do you not know that any insight is just rumour and specualtion unless you can provide proof on paper from the all the companies involved? I hear some fans might make an exception if you can provide video interview proof with all the people involved.

Who cares if you are part of the TFCon team and you are privy to insider info. No paper = not fact. lol
Old 10-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
Wheeljack Off
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Ya, Protoman, do you not know that any insight is just rumour and specualtion unless you can provide proof on paper from the all the companies involved? I hear some fans might make an exception if you can provide video interview proof with all the people involved.

Who cares if you are part of the TFCon team and you are privy to insider info. No paper = not fact. lol
Wow.

Someone must be having a slow day at the office...or maybe just a slow night at home.

It's wonderful that you follow protoman so closely and are so well informed of his professional biography. However, I am not and was not asking for a reference to detract from your hero worship.

This is a topic that genuinely interests me and I was just looking for some more insight into a comment that seemed quite assured and informed from a member who has a lot of posts and spoke on the matter with some authority.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 10-16-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
Protoman
The Legend

Everything I stated was based on logic. Nothing is a factual statement from High Moon, but instead how marketing and budget works with Hasbro and within it's company.

History teaches us how things move forward. If anyone fancy themselves a "uber" fan of Transformers, they look at the history.

Since 2007 and the explosion and bulking of the brand. Every main line toy line has gotten a video game.

2007 - TF Movie (PS3, PS2, Xbox 360, DS 2 versions, Wii, PSP)
2008 - Transformers Animated (DS)
2009 - TF ROTF (PS3, PS2, Xbox360, DS 2 verisons, Wii, PSP)

Revenge of the Fallen brought in even more money then TF 2007 and with that highten interest in the brand and solid sales in the games (despite the quality). Highmoon went forward with their own game with the help from Hasbro. Much like how the Classics/Generations line exists due to the budgetary success of the Baymovies (and would not exist otherwise), same goes for how the WFC game came about

The mainline games school of thought continued while WFC entered the fray as a side line (Much like Generations/Classics/Universe 2.0)

2010 - War For Cybertron (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS 2 versions)
2011 - DoTM (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, DS 2 versions)
2012 - Transformers Prime (WiiU, Wii, 3DS, DS)

on the side lines again, we got Fall of Cybertron due to the success of War For Cybertron as well as Hasbro looking to expand their Generations line

2012 - Fall of Cybertron (PS3, Xbox 360)

With the new movie and the Generations line moving it's focus to the very popular IDW comic brand, the focus shifted to a more cost effective merger of the brands with no new toys to back it from the "Aligned" side of things. It showed that sales were down due to Transformers not having any kind of game in 2013 after more then 5-6 years of games on major consoles.

2014 - Rise of the Dark Spark (PS4,PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, WiiU, 3DS)

With the Generations toy line focusing on IDW characters and combiners for the next year and a half, and a new TV series in sight, I don't think we are going to have a new "WFC/FOC" game any time soon. Just call it a hunch.

Oh and being on TFcon staff has nothing to do with anything. TFcon has been around since 2002. TFcon is a convention, it's not a badge of superiority. I have been a part of this online fandom and studying Transformers since the inception of the Internet in 1995.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 10-16-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #20
RageD
Energon

You are the Sarcasm King Of The World. Wear The Badge With Honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post