Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Metroplex has landed! (or arrived, whatever you wanna call it)

The only good TF games are War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. Everything else is an easy pass.
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #22
CanBot
Cybertron

Does anybody know what the reason is for the Blu ray version of the Transformers animated movie being so hard to find?...there's only one copy on fleabay. Could this one still be in stores like Future Shop?
CanBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:16 AM   #23
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Lol, you think my old-school arse owns a PS-whatever?...lol, but this kinda game does make me wanna try it out! Every now and then that happens...but I don't remember the movie based TF games to be that great (at least from what I've seen)...
War for Cybertron and the Fall of Cybertron video games are not based on the Michael Bay Transformers movies.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #24
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Quote:
Well, I guess that's the way it is...but then I guess it's not true that Quebec was the reason we didn't get the phrases, right? We can then blame Hasbro.
In a nutshell, while Hasbro did make the final decision, we would've gotten the US version had it not been from the laws of "la belle province." Hasbro made the decision because Quebec has a law that states if an item with speaking electronics doesn't speak French, it can't be sold in Quebec. Because some European countries have the same laws (Quebec copied the idea from them), Hasbro just used the chip from Euro in Canada to get around that law. It's a lot cheaper to remove the saying than it is to translate and re-record it.

Quote:
Does anybody know what the reason is for the Blu ray version of the Transformers animated movie being so hard to find?...there's only one copy on fleabay. Could this one still be in stores like Future Shop?
Transformers Animated has long been retired and I will be very, very surprised if you find these DVDs or BluRays in any BestBuy chain store (includes all the stores they own; BBY and Future Shop). If you don't mind used discs, keep your eyes on places like The Beat Goes On who ships Canada-wide and to the US and when they take in DVDs and BluRays, they are extremely particular... they won't take it in if it has a scratch they can't buff out. Otherwise, you're stuck with evilBay or overpriced Amazon for getting them. I'd love to get a BluRay copy of the 86 Animated movie, but $60 or more is hard for a guy who was laid off mid-year.

On the plus-side, if we continue to wait, Shout Factory may finally get their negotiations completed for the rights to all the remaining TF Series' (I believe they just scored RiD), so if they do, then everything will get re-released again.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

the animated movie was only available in the uk on bluray, so you'd have to import it

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote