Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #41
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: POTP wave two deluxes up at TRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Now that you mention it, your explanation does make a lot of sense regarding this. But even if you can't get a complete Abominus until the next wave, I still did find it puzzling that there were so many Rippersnappers around, since as mentioned, he had the "advantage" of actually being part of a gestalt that existed in the G1 cartoon era (though that might be undermined by the sheer fact that people have wanted Generations style Dinobots for so long and only now are getting them). People also regarded Rippersnaper as a generally well-made figure in reviews, compared to most of the other Deluxes in Wave 2, so I would've thought that might also translate into more demand for him. Blackwing is the unusual one, since from reviews, his combined mode with Dreadwind isn't all that great or stable and he's yet another Aerialbot remold, and we've gotten tons of those already. I can understand Moonracer now, since as you said, she is shortpacked, a rare female Transformer, and a totally new mold (though all that clear plastic on her makes me a bit wary about her durability as a figure in the long run).

I've walked into Wal-Marts before and saw about 8 Rippersnappers and either 1 or 2 other Wave 2 Deluxes or none at all. Rippersnapper just seems to be a lot more plentiful from what I've seen and I've wondered whether it was because Hasbro produced much more of his figure or because people might not want him as much. The latter explanation didn't really seem to make much sense to me, since Abominus does have somewhat of a fan following and many people hyped up getting Abominus, partly out of nostalgia and partly to display him alongside a CW or UW Computron. So I figured it was the former, and going by what you say, I'm more incline to believe that is the reason.
Well said...I feel people will be looking for Rippersnapper once the other three come out, btw, they were recently sighted on shelves in the US.

Moonracer and the next female Deluxe will be the same mold, repaint and new head...wish they did Arcee and the Blue one as well with another mold, like the Motorcycle to complete a proper female combiner.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #42
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I noted this previously but I think it's a huge error on the part of Hasbro NOT to call out and highlight the COMBINER aspect of the toys. Look at the voyager or deluxe packaging backs --- it highlights Prime Masters. Doesn't show combined form or modes. It's just the one illustration on the side. Doesn't say "ONE OF FIVE TO FORM ABOMINUS" or anything.

Yeah obviously adult collecters know Rippersnapper and Hun-Grrr are part of a team, but call that shit out.
Agreed, one kid at the last toyshow didn't know about battle/trap that combine, even after tying to explain it to him, he only ended up buying one of them.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #43
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
I had POBOX issues with them awhile back..they never were able to sort it out after weeks...I suggest getting them to send it to a local address of a friend or a deliver agent close to where u want to pick up. Or go to Purolator direct with proof you own the POBOX.
Thanks, I was mostly testing out the Flex Delivery option from CP, for when I order my Wifes birthday present. It is just bad luck it didn't work the way I wanted it too.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #44
gcuemjj23
Generation 2

I got my TRU order with Sludge and Snarl. Worst packing I have ever seen. Loosely taped shut. Figures were thrown in the box and the cards had water damage as the package started separating in half. Figures are ok though as far as I can see. On the bright side I finally have them. Not good news if I was MIB collector.

Last edited by gcuemjj23; 06-29-2018 at 10:19 PM.
gcuemjj23 is offline   Reply With Quote