Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-30-2022, 10:59 PM   #2861
Tiffster
Classic
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
They're peg-warming like crazy at my local Walmarts. Don't know how long this line will last.
Basically action masters and those never made sense? Transformers that don't transform? And same price as ones that do transform? Bah!.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:27 AM   #2862
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Basically action masters and those never made sense? Transformers that don't transform? And same price as ones that do transform? Bah!.
I have never understood the appeal of the RED line. And you're right --- they're still thirty bucks!

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:12 AM   #2863
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
I like it a lot more than I thought I would.
Aw man, I also preordered mine, but it hasn't shipped yet.

It's going to be my first G1 toy ever so pretty excited that it's Hot Rod.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:30 AM   #2864
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Action Masters had transforming accessories. Some had transforming vehicles, like Optimus Prime. A couple could actually transform, like Omega Spreem.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:38 AM   #2865
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

And Action Masters came at a time when there were few to no show-accurate and articulated Transformers that actually transformed.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #2866
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I have never understood the appeal of the RED line. And you're right --- they're still thirty bucks!
Yeah, they are getting much bigger margins on that product than any other since unlike ML or Black Series they own the license. That price is there to give impression of cohesion for price points, not undercutting other 6 inch lines (or cheapening their brand) but we see right through it.

Parents don't though and instead see a deluxe priced/sized tf toy next to others, which creates unnecessary confusion. It's happened a handful of times where I see a parent looking at those toys (especially Bumblebee) and I ask them if they know it can't transform, followed by them telling me they didn't know and quickly setting it down. It scares me a bit to think of all the parents that bought these unknowingly and worst yet the kids who get it being dissapointed. I remember being a kid and loving transformers, and kids won't be shy to express dissapointment, making it an unfun experience for the gift giver too.

And due to hasbro not wanting to write the word "transform" as a verb on the box, they don't make it as obvious to parents that this toy does not transform.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:25 PM   #2867
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Has R.E.D. Knockout appeared on shelves or online for ordering yet? That's literally the only one of these I'd want for the screen accuracy (since his original PRiD toy was... ehhhhh).

These things are so pudgy and pointless otherwise. There's no worse example of how superfluous the R.E.D. line is than standing R.E.D. Optimus Primal next to Kingdom Primal. At some point the money saved is not worth the potential/play value lost.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 12:53 AM   #2868
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
Has R.E.D. Knockout appeared on shelves or online for ordering yet? That's literally the only one of these I'd want for the screen accuracy (since his original PRiD toy was... ehhhhh).

These things are so pudgy and pointless otherwise. There's no worse example of how superfluous the R.E.D. line is than standing R.E.D. Optimus Primal next to Kingdom Primal. At some point the money saved is not worth the potential/play value lost.
As a note, if you are interested in getting a RED Knockout, I am planning on selling mine. Pm me if you're interested.
TheSwipe95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 01:01 AM   #2869
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Action Masters had transforming accessories. Some had transforming vehicles, like Optimus Prime. A couple could actually transform, like Omega Spreem.
Yes their vehicles transformed, which makes the RED line even more uneccessary
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 10:51 AM   #2870
Fermix
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post

Interested in this too.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart