Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
The Nemesis
Alternator
Siege Red Wing: Any news on a Canadian release? (UPDATE: Now for sale online by TRU)

I've seen multiple reports that Red Wing will be available here in Canada at some point, but those reports have conflicted about whether it'd be sold through Toys R Us or EB Games.

So I'm wondering what, if anything, the most recent news is. I don't want to have to figure out a way to get one from a Target (given that the closest one is HOURS away from me and I can't exactly easily secure a Red Card), but I also don't want to hold out hope for a Canadian release only to be left with nothing once Target is out of stock.

EDIT: it's March 14 and for the past week or so we've now seen that Toys R Us is offering Red Wing as an exclusive through their website. Some people continue to have issues with TRU and their online purchases with wonky in/out of stock listings or cancelled orders, but for now at least it seems the dream is alive!

Last edited by The Nemesis; 03-14-2020 at 03:56 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:13 PM   #2
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Siege Red Wing: Any news on a Canadian release?

I don’t know of anything, but I’m with you on wanting to know who will have it here. It should be marketed as a Canadian transformer for it’s red and little bit of white colour scheme. Generations Selects could do a Canadian Slag too. Release these things on Canada Day or something.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:16 AM   #3
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
I don’t know of anything, but I’m with you on wanting to know who will have it here. It should be marketed as a Canadian transformer for it’s red and little bit of white colour scheme. Generations Selects could do a Canadian Slag too. Release these things on Canada Day or something.

I'm paranoid about missing out if it's an EB release. I only lucked into being able to pre-order Ratchet and was too late to secure pre-orders on Ectotron, Smokescreen, or Nightbird. If it ends up at EB I fear that the news won't make the rounds before limited store pre-order allotments or web inventory are snapped up. And if it's another month or two then whatever's left in stock for Target will be gone by then too (not that I could buy it because of the stupid loyalty card restrictions.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:21 AM   #4
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I'm paranoid about missing out if it's an EB release. I only lucked into being able to pre-order Ratchet and was too late to secure pre-orders on Ectotron, Smokescreen, or Nightbird. If it ends up at EB I fear that the news won't make the rounds before limited store pre-order allotments or web inventory are snapped up. And if it's another month or two then whatever's left in stock for Target will be gone by then too (not that I could buy it because of the stupid loyalty card restrictions.
I don't know what it is like in your area, but Ectotron, Ratchet and Nightbird have all been available on the shelf in my area (Ottawa). I didn't have to pre-order any of them. I picked up Nightbird last week while shopping for SW figs.

I will give EB credit, lately there have been few exclusives that didn't make it to the shelves.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:22 AM   #5
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
was too late to secure pre-orders on Nightbird.
Nightbird up on TRU.ca

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../BDCC6434.html
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I don't know what it is like in your area, but Ectotron, Ratchet and Nightbird have all been available on the shelf in my area (Ottawa). I didn't have to pre-order any of them. I picked up Nightbird last week while shopping for SW figs.

I will give EB credit, lately there have been few exclusives that didn't make it to the shelves.
Which EB games are you going to? I've never seen an Octotron once, Ratchets yes (and got him twice..opps), but most other figures in the last year have been extremely rare and I spotted a few (and bought them, never to be seen again in any EB games I've been) or not seen them at all (until they -the non exclusives - eventually made their way to Walmart/TrU).

The Transformers tend to be very slim pickings in all the EB games I've been at.

I tend to go to the ones on the Gatineau side, Trainyard, Merivale, and a few others when I'm in the neighborhood.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #7
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Which EB games are you going to? I've never seen an Octotron once, Ratchets yes (and got him twice..opps), but most other figures in the last year have been extremely rare and I spotted a few (and bought them, never to be seen again in any EB games I've been) or not seen them at all (until they -the non exclusives - eventually made their way to Walmart/TrU).

The Transformers tend to be very slim pickings in all the EB games I've been at.

I tend to go to the ones on the Gatineau side, Trainyard, Merivale, and a few others when I'm in the neighborhood.
I found Ectotron at Bayshore and Merivale. Bayshore seems to be a great location considering it is in a mall. Usually the finds come after the initial release when stores get more stock after selling pre-orders.

I tend to use the website and search store availability to see where something is in stock. Sometimes I just get lucky I guess.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:40 PM   #8
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

I spoke with every EB in a reasonable radius from me and all of them only had enough of the special release figures to cover their pre-orders. The best I would've been able to hope for was that someone didn't pick up their order.

All of them now are also listed as web-only on the website, with no store stock indicator. Nightbird is in stock on there, but I already ordered one from TFSource and if I cancel it I'll no longer have enough stuff in my stack to qualify for free shipping.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
I spoke with every EB in a reasonable radius from me and all of them only had enough of the special release figures to cover their pre-orders. The best I would've been able to hope for was that someone didn't pick up their order.

Same thing here, if its not pre-ordered 99% of the time they dont get it. And then only enough to cover the orders. They had 1 Nightbird and a Ratchet that I can only assume were not picked up. Ectotron was nowhere to be seen.

I put an order in for Hotshot, and they had none scheduled for the store.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #10
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:

All of them now are also listed as web-only on the website, with no store stock indicator. Nightbird is in stock on there, but I already ordered one from TFSource and if I cancel it I'll no longer have enough stuff in my stack to qualify for free shipping.
*shrugs* in Edmonton, Siege Ratchet has been plentiful. We'll see about the other figs.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote