Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-04-2019, 11:14 PM   #21
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Is 3rd Party in Trouble?

I think it's a matter of the cream rising to the top and some of the 3p companies not being as profitable which in turn stalls projects and/or causes designer turnover.

Fanstoys seems to be cranking out figures at the same or faster rate whereas, as some of mentioned, Maketoys has seemed to stop altogether.

I was also waiting on Maketoys highbrow and an eventual Brainstorm but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe FT will take a shot at them after they do the Decepticons.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:35 PM   #22
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Except 3A PAID for their copyright infringement.

The dick move is NOT paying for the rights, actually.
This. It's totally fair for a company that is spending the money to LEGALLY license a product to complain about someone else that is not, transformable or not.
Also, if you dont own ANY 3A Transformers, they are friggen amazing figures. DOTM Prime is top 3 fav Prime figure for me. Just beautifully done.
Also there are tons of non-transforming licensed and unlicensed TF's out/coming out. I dont see why people keep bashing 3A for not being transformable.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:38 PM   #23
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Third party is in trouble like KO makers are in trouble. They can try and stop them, but they’ll never succeed. They’re like weeds. Pluck one and another pops up. Might be the same one with fake moustache and funny hat on.

The slow down in releases is probably due to the market. It’s been pretty saturated for a while. There was a time when every release was an event. Remember Hercules? Now, it’s not such a big deal, because well it’s like the 5th Devastator out there. Whereas before when classic G1 representations of characters were few and far between, we now have multiple versions official and unofficial to choose from. There’s no longer a sense that if you miss out on this latest release of a character that you’ll never have another shot at it. There’s always a new version coming out. Just look at the Siege line and the new Earthrise line coming out. There were voyager Primes and Starscreams in Siege. There are the same for the new line but with earth modes instead of Cybertronian modes.

And still no Nautica...
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:07 AM   #24
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I’m glad we can have such a measured and calm discussion about this here. Post this exact thread... elsewhere... and you may as well have insulted a deeply held faith. T’would get very ugly and fast.

—-

I think this is just some saturation and market ebb and flow. Almost every character now has more than one MP-like version, sometimes dozens. People can’t keep up so anything that doesn’t gain enough buzz falls to the wayside.

Also many of these companies are actually one company so they just focus on the most popular brand/manufacturer in their stable at any given time.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:32 AM   #25
Slayback
Animated

Just as an fyi - Maketoys released Divine Shooter earlier this year, as well as the Buster Stealth Wing and Buster Skywing. To say they disappeared might be a bit premature

Couple of things to consider..
1. The Asian market is much bigger than the N.American market. Canada barely makes a dent. It used to be a situation where the 3P companies looked to N.A to try and capture the market. They don't need to anymore.

2. When you get good at doing something, you try to make a legitimate business of it. 3p companies who do well - start looking at legitimate licenses, to make legitimate things. Less of the fighting over scraps, less of having to deal with complaints.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815

Last edited by Slayback; 10-11-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote