Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #41
zhaobinis1
Beasty
Re: TRU.CA Sightings Thread

toysrus Canada is clearing trying to cut down their cost by messing around with their customer-friendly policies. First it was the no receipt no return policy, which I actually support. Then they stopped price matching costco.ca, claiming they are warehouse sellers. OK, fine. Then, they even stopped price matching amazon.ca. What kind of price match policy is that? I haven't tried walmart.ca but if they even refuse to price match that, what other toy retailers are there in the Canadian market?
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #42
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
toysrus Canada is clearing trying to cut down their cost by messing around with their customer-friendly policies. First it was the no receipt no return policy, which I actually support. Then they stopped price matching costco.ca, claiming they are warehouse sellers. OK, fine. Then, they even stopped price matching amazon.ca. What kind of price match policy is that? I haven't tried walmart.ca but if they even refuse to price match that, what other toy retailers are there in the Canadian market?
So they're basically turning into Walmart when it comes to price matching. Walmart won't price match TRU or Amazon either.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #43
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Giant Tiger? Anyways, if the price is better on Amazon, why not just buy it off Amazon?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #44
Dangard Ace
Alternator

Iirc the anti-price matching that stores do now is because of people abusing it. By that I mean setting up a fake amazon storefront, listing an item for 50% less then retail and getting another store to price match it. I think I read about that when the PS4 was a super hot commodity. Haven’t checked snopes so it could be fake.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #45
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
So they're basically turning into Walmart when it comes to price matching. Walmart won't price match TRU or Amazon either.
What!? I was thinking good old ad-matching would have to make a comeback, but haven't done it in forever - this bodes poorly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Giant Tiger?
As much as I would love to buy TFs at GT (staff discount), I can personally vouch that selection for TFs has been virtually non-existent since Beast Hunters

If they carry anything, it's dollar-store type (spotted some Authentics there last year)

Year before that, they had a spattering of those RiDs where a small fig comes with a little ball dude

That's all I've seen in (raspberries) 3-4 years?
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:10 AM   #46
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
As much as I would love to buy TFs at GT (staff discount), I can personally vouch that selection for TFs has been virtually non-existent since Beast Hunters
People did find some POTP Leaders there last year for 25$ a pop. Probably not at your store though.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:10 AM   #47
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Walmart definitely price matches toys r us, I do it all the time at all of the Walmart in my area and toys r us price matches Walmart as well. They both price match but it has to be a Canadian retail competitor, they won't do amazon from what I've seen.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #48
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Walmart definitely price matches toys r us, I do it all the time at all of the Walmart in my area and toys r us price matches Walmart as well. They both price match but it has to be a Canadian retail competitor, they won't do amazon from what I've seen.
But YMMV as training is brutal at Walmart. Yesterday, I was told they don't price match TRU. I told the CSR that they do and she had to call someone else to verify it. Then they said they only price match physical flyers. Then they said that if the specific item is not shown in the picture that they won't price match it. Showing the specific figure (siege deluxe) online didn't matter to them.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #49
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
But YMMV as training is brutal at Walmart. Yesterday, I was told they don't price match TRU. I told the CSR that they do and she had to call someone else to verify it. Then they said they only price match physical flyers. Then they said that if the specific item is not shown in the picture that they won't price match it. Showing the specific figure (siege deluxe) online didn't matter to them.

Walmart are really bad... they won't even match their own site (walmart.ca) at every store.

So it's different from one store to another, on the cashier you have, etc.

It's pretty stupid.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:29 PM   #50
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
I was at TRU and the lady in front of me wanted to return an online item without a online printed receipt. At first they couldn't help her and finally they just gave her a gift card. I waited over 1h or even more just because of this return.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote