Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #191
Heatbag
Generation 1
Re: Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released at Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizen-sama View Post
Ok. I just got off the phone with Toys R Us Canada. Basically they canceled my online order from 2 weeks ago when MP Op was still "on sale". Apparently they go from order of importance, there were 200 figs available and I was lucky 201. My order had already been processed, and waiting to be shipped. Then I got an email today saying that the transaction is canceled. I call BS because I placed the damn order before stock was sold out!!! Before other people on the board placed their orders. I asked if MP-10 was being discontinued and the PR manager couldn't find it in the system. She basically said that I would have to wait for it to go back in stock online. $#@%$#$^#*

I can't tell you how freaking pissed I am right now! Seriously I was basically holding my tongue/rage at this person. I haven't gone to the brick and mortar stores because I thought I had my MP-10. I am absolutely disgusted that they would treat customers like this.

I guess I'll have to change my damn sig won't I?
What exactly did your email say? If you don't mind me asking.
Heatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #192
Aizen-sama
Generation 1

It said that my order had been canceled. They had "problems" authorizing my transaction. I checked my statements and the payment was withdrawn and pending for 2 weeks. It was put back into my account yesterday. Never had problems using paypal before. From my understanding, the only way transactions can be reversed is through paypal or the vendor (TRU). I called paypal about it and they said that it was TRU that had canceled the transaction. Then I was granted a 3-way conference call between TRU, Paypal, and myself.

I didn't have any problems ordering Thundercracker. Did I mention that the box was damaged when I received it?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #193
Heatbag
Generation 1

Hmmmm.... That's wierd because I got the same email about my MP TC that I ordered on 10/25/2012 . And I ordered pretty early when they had 55 on the website and had a website restock as well. But I did get my MP OP from TRU.ca and I ordered on 10/26/2012. So thats really f****d up. Did they tell you to keep checking the website? Thats what they told me to do.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #194
Aizen-sama
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatbag View Post
Hmmmm.... That's wierd because I got the same email about my MP TC that I ordered on 10/25/2012 . And I ordered pretty early when they had 55 on the website and had a website restock as well. But I did get my MP OP from TRU.ca and I ordered on 10/26/2012. So thats really f****d up. Did they tell you to keep checking the website? Thats what they told me to do.
Really? Lol. I ordered Thundercracker on the Saturday (Oct. 27th) and got it on the Wednesday, box cracked and dented. Did you do your transaction thru paypal or credit card?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #195
Heatbag
Generation 1

I did mine thru credit card which they placed a hold on the funds and still have a hold on them as well.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #196
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

See, what I don't understand most of all is how people (be it in store or at their depo or wherever the phone calls go) can't find an item in their computer system when they have more than an abundance of information regarding it, including the upc & sales history available to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #197
Aizen-sama
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatbag View Post
I did mine thru credit card which they placed a hold on the funds and still have a hold on them as well.
Hmm. I ordered my Prime on Oct. 24th. I asked the PR rep why my order wasn't switched to the later batch. She couldn't give an answer.

Regarding why MP OP wasn't in the system, she said it could have been discontinued.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #198
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Wrong thread. Disregard what you think you saw.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #199
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

TRU customer service won't acknowledge whether or not MP OP is discontinued because they want us to keep checking the website regularly in hopes we will buy something else. They surely know the truth regarding the matter, they just won't tell us because that would be a poor business move. And the fact that orders are being cancelled tells us more than we want to hear, and sadly, that's the truth !
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #200
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

It would really suck if MP-10 was discontinued. BUT for those who haven't gotten the figure yet, don't panic too much. Think about what happened with MP-01. How many times did that eventually get re-released? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but maybe, three-four times?

So even if you miss out now, there's always next time. I know that's not much consolation considering nobody wants to wait a year or two for something they should be able to get now. But try not to get too wound up.

Just thought I'd put some perspective on things. Hopefully a big shipment comes in and everyone gets theirs.

Tags
masterpiece optimus prime