Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-24-2017, 03:45 AM   #21
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: How big is the online toy community?

It should be noted that market research done by large companies and independent consulting services often do not get published to the public as its their internal data as well as acting as its own industry where that research is sold for quite alot of money to companies who need that information. So stats and details likely exist, but it will not exactly be shared as its its own valued product....especially for a high value brand like Transformers, its likely the case that there is really alot of market information, secured by Hasbro and not put out in order to keep their competitive advantage present and maintain the value of the actual data products possessed and owned by Hasbro or the independent agency that produced it.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #22
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Anyone here have kids, or relatives with kids?...what do they ask for these days when they want a toy that isnt a video game?
My son (7) wants Lego, Lego, Lego. He used to like Power Rangers, but he's not really into the toys anymore (he does enjoy the roleplay weapons though), he just enjoys the show. He only has 2 Transformers (not even offered by me!), he did ask for a new one recently, but he's not that into it, as there's no French dub of the show on tv (we don't have Netflix).

My oldest daughter (8) has very varied tastes, she likes books, dolls, jewelry, Lego; her next birthday gift is actually a ticket for a show.

Youngest daughter (3) is into books, music, dolls and Lego.

I have a nephew who's turning 7 soon and he's really into Transformers. That started last winter I think. He watches the show (or at least clips) on Youtube. I'm giving him Combiner Force Warrior Bumblebee for his birthday in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I think I see roughly 20 adults looking at the Transformers section in stores for every kid I see.
Lots of parents do their shopping alone, especially when it's to buy gifts...

Last edited by Pascal; 10-24-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:14 AM   #23
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Anyone here have kids, or relatives with kids?...what do they ask for these days when they want a toy that isnt a video game?
Four year old daughter -> Paw Patrol, LOL Surprise, Baby Alive, blind bag stuff (youtube crap)

She wants one of those "big" LOL Surprise balls (the big glittery $100 ones) for Xmas

She has a couple of my old doubles and misc junk from Value Village bags (AM Rad, that purple dog from RiD, etc), but she doesn't play with those really
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #24
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Anyone here have kids, or relatives with kids?...what do they ask for these days when they want a toy that isn't a video game?
I have a son who is 6. He asks for just about everything he sees on TV, from Lego, to Play-Doh, Transformers, to role play stuff, even Superhero Girls figures.
His favorite toys are his Rescue Bots figures, which he has most of the show characters. I'll probably get him Blurr for Xmas if I can.

I think it really depends on what kids are exposed to. My son loves Transformers, which is definitely my influence, it also doesn't hurt that I have a basement full of them, but he's not really into video games because this isn't a video game house. I have a PS3, but he's never seen me play it. I only have 3 games and use it mostly for movies. The only "video games" he has are his Rescue Bots Beam Box, and his Leap Pad, for which he also has a Rescue Bots game
Old 10-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #25
C Spray
ACTION FIGURE ADDICT!

I run groups on fb. Action figure addicts, transformers addicts and batman addicts and they range from 9k to 126k. So there are some numbers to look at.
C Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:02 PM   #26
79transam
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Spray View Post
I run groups on fb. Action figure addicts, transformers addicts and batman addicts and they range from 9k to 126k. So there are some numbers to look at.
The above pic I put up was from Starwarstheblackseries on iG, and theyre at around 100k.
126k must be batman eh?
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #27
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Thanks guys, that is very interesting what the little ones r into these days. Its good to see that its not just video games, and some toy lines, even if not TFs, are still appreciated.

Cheers gang!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #28
Pascal
Banned

We have a Wii here, and my son is pretty much the only to use it. He's been playing Lego Star Wars, Transformers FOC, Just Dance and Wii Sports since last Christmas and has never really asked for newer games.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:24 AM   #29
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Lots of parents do their shopping alone, especially when it's to buy gifts...
Sure, I'm not saying kids don't get these. But I'd still challenge Hasbro's percentages based on my own experiences.

Like I say, impossible to tell without actual research. Too many variables.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:58 AM   #30
79transam
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Sure, I'm not saying kids don't get these. But I'd still challenge Hasbro's percentages based on my own experiences.

Like I say, impossible to tell without actual research. Too many variables.
The lack of data available makes Hasbros assertions nothing more than unsubstantiated claims. Taking their word for it is kinda like beliving a door to door salesman ir his word
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote