Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
Bluewolf77
Generation 2
Old Toys Remembered

Greeting All
Okay I know this site is for transformers and I love them but including transformers: Is there any toys or toy lines you really miss or wish you had today? or a piece or figure that you always want but missed out on?
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Megatron75
Alternator
Re: Old Toys Remembered

I missed out on Storm Shadow from the GI Joe line back in the 80's. I always thought he was super cool but he was out of stock when my parents took me to the toy store to get him. If memory serves me correctly, I had to settle for Quick Kick instead. No where near as cool in my opinion although I still have it.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
chin0bo
Generation 1

Had a Larvell Jones with the noise maker from police academy when i was a kid, misplaced it as i got older. going on ebay probably going to buy it again hehe.
chin0bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

If I knew they existed, I would have gotten all Headmasters, Powermasters and Targetmasters.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:38 PM   #5
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

If I have to choose something from Takara toy lines, past and present, that I have had I will picked Blockman. They are pretty unique and you can google it for details. The line was also sold in the US (and Canada?) under Robotech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
If I knew they existed, I would have gotten all Headmasters, Powermasters and Targetmasters.
I knew they existed but I don't have the money for them at the time Same for all the G1 "vs" and "good bye" boxsets from Japan.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 05-07-2015 at 12:46 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #6
elburrito
Animated

Starcom. I still have a few of these. Magnets in the feet interact with pretty much every piece of equipment or vehicle. Also, there are levers and switches that can use the magnets to move the little guys around. They are awesome. No luck finding them lately though. Oh, and they are about as close a scale as can be got to MP transformers.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

M.A.S.K. vehicles. Still plan to hunt them down and collect them one of these days but spending too much on Transformers lol.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #8
justprime
Animated

Going way back the Garry Anderson stuff thunderbird. .caption Scarlett ..stingray..fireball xl5 ..super car. .u.f.o. the vehicles were too cool then move up to starfleet x bomber and Dia x follow that with space battleship yamato (star blazers) lastly gatchaman (battle of the planets) and lost in space
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #9
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf77 View Post
but including transformers: Is there any toys or toy lines you really miss or wish you had today?
Including Transformers?
Then I'd say, Transformers!

I have him now, but in the day, I woulda loved to have Soundwave. He was so cool, had a fun Transformation, and both modes were done very well, unlike the toy for Megatron.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #10
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

The Robotech toys, the veritech fighters, the Cyclones, and the various other mecha from that line. Oh and the models from the similarly named but different fiction of Robotech: Defenders. It helps one of my favourite old school miniatures game battletech used some of the same designs.

I use to miss the Gijoes but since their 25th anniversary line came out, that itch has been mostly scratched. With the exception of the use Flagg and the terror dome.

Other lines I had interest in were the Centurions, Sky Commanders, Dino Riders, an I'm sure there are tons more but I'll stop now