Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-12-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
LilacShark
Mini-Con
Unhappy Anyone wanna be my TFCon buddy?

Hey guys, I haven't been to TFCon since 2014 but I'm coming this year! Can't wait to see Scott again. (Haven't seen him since 2012. )

Sadly, my 2017 has been awful. I've been living like a gypsy the passed seven months while my house is being renovated, I lost my bestest best friend due to an argument two months ago, and now I'm going to be going to the con solo.

I so need this break from work/stress but I don't want to go completely alone. Would anyone out there help keep me company at this years con? Maybe we can be friends too? I want people to geek out with. 0w0 Name's Krista and you can see in my profile who my favs and that are.

I don't want to put my image up for all to see so if you're interested PM me with your name and a picture and I'll show you mine in turn so we can recognize each other at the con. Can't wait to meet all of you!
LilacShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:39 AM   #2
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Anyone wanna be my TFCon buddy?

hmm beast wars. Its not going to work...
just kidding
Welcome to the boards and good luck with your friend search!
I wish I was tfcon bound
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:22 AM   #3
LilacShark
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
just kidding
Welcome to the boards and good luck with your friend search!
I wish I was tfcon bound
*Snerk!* Tease! That's okay, we can still be board buddies! ^w^ Want me to tell you about my experiences over PM or would that make you feel worse about not going? Thanks for the good luck!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #4
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Hi Lilac, welcome to the boards, we're a pretty friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll meet many many people to hang out with!
have a great time at the Con
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
DuG
Titanium

Welcome to the boards! I've gone to the shows alone before and it was trough those experiences that I met a lot of great people through casual conversation from these boards. It can be a bit overwhelming but try not to be too shy and try to strike up some conversations as you will at least have 1 thing in common with pretty much everyone there.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

There's a lot of people you can meet at the show, I meet lots of good friends while doing trades/buy/sells, parts parties and the old pizza party (no longer happens though )
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
LilacShark
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
Hi Lilac, welcome to the boards, we're a pretty friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll meet many many people to hang out with!
have a great time at the Con
Thank you so much! I really hope so! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
Welcome to the boards! I've gone to the shows alone before and it was trough those experiences that I met a lot of great people through casual conversation from these boards. It can be a bit overwhelming but try not to be too shy and try to strike up some conversations as you will at least have 1 thing in common with pretty much everyone there.
I promise to do my best (but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a bit antsy. ^^; )

I tried to find people back in 2014 but the bar was so overcrowded and everyone had their own cliques already. Not going to let that stop me this year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
There's a lot of people you can meet at the show, I meet lots of good friends while doing trades/buy/sells, parts parties and the old pizza party (no longer happens though )
Aw, what happened to the Pizza party?

Sadly, my collection's in storage due to the renovations but there's always buying and discussing future trades. (I think I have three dark energon, japanese megatron figures that I need to sell/trade off. XD;;; It is such a pretty figure.)

Though I plan to spend most of my money in the charity auction. I did that back in 2013(?) I believe? Got kudos from Gregg Berger and
everything. ^w^ Not sure I can spend as much as I did that year but I plan on spending quite a bit. I may even donate the toys to the Toys-for-Tots foundation (because omgosh my collection takes up four bins and a bedroom trunk as it is.) It all depends what's available.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Last year was the first time I went and met a lot of great people. Even taking a break in the lobby lounge people were openly chatting with anyone around them.

This will be the first time attending the charity auction for me, hopefully I don't spend too much :/
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #9
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Malwave and General Tekno, and a guy named "Guber" are all really nice guys to hang with. Watch out for Cobra Commander though... just kidding, he's awesome!

I think there is an "identify yourself" thread here somewhere where people post their pictures... perhaps you can check it out so you can put a name to a face if you recognize anyone?
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #10
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Definitely a lot of friendly people at the convention. I hope you find plenty of buddies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
just kidding
Teehee-ous !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
Malwave and General Tekno, and a guy named "Guber" are all really nice guys to hang with. Watch out for Cobra Commander though... just kidding, he's awesome!
Oh yes, definitely ask around for Guber.
You TFcon experience is not complete without hanging with Guber!!

Last edited by JLvatron; 07-13-2017 at 03:37 PM.
JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote