Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #11
Magnimus
Alternator
Re: WFC Discussion (possible spoilers)

I've only played a few levels in the Decepticon campaign, but I really enjoyed them.

As a story, I am really suprised by how G1 it feels. By that I mean the Transformers are actual characters with distinct personality traits, and actually speak with one another. Ever notice how in the live-action movies the Autobots and Decepticons barely have conversations?

The movies should have been like WFC in terms of character.

On the downside, I agree that the ammo situation is very peculiar although not cumbersome (at least on Easy where I'm cutting my teeth). Also, I pretty much suck right now at multiplayer.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #12
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
The lack of ammo is poor game design IMHO. I've finished the first Autobot mission on Medium, and found myself totally out of ammo around 10 times. I know they probably want you to melee with OP, but he can't handle 5 guys at a time.

Most disappointing is 3 glitches in the first mission on my 360. 1) Fell through an invisible floor after defeating the first energon tripod. Had to re-kill it. The saves don't seem to happen until you're away from the boss rooms, which is odd. 2) Driving the roadways, I glitched through a floor and had to jump into space to die. That was a 20 second fall. 3) Kill Decepticon Boss, got the Achievement, and the whole thing froze. Luckily it saved and I could watch the movie afterward.
it really depends on the weapon you choose.

proton blaster is the best imo, 144 clip size, good dmg,5x scope i think, usually a burst of kills a small enemy.

rocket launchers are designed for killing enemy in alt mod, specially air units.

null ray is pretty nice for hiding in the back and sniping out enemies.

All other weapons are meh. and you not suppose to be meeleing during campaign (except part of autobot campaign). i never ran out of ammo during decepticon campaign. I did in autobot campaign because i was trying to get the achievement. I think ammo limitation is just part of challenge. cuz when u play as the seekers, you have unlimited ammo in alt mode. They also make your team member invulnerable so they can be distraction for you to pick enemy up one by one.

I only had one glitch, SPOILER ALERT:

When megatron running away from omega supreme in the elevator. When omega supreme was in alt mode and shot laser at me i somehow got pushed and got stuck in the elevator corner, had to restart from the last check point.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #13
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Controls are fine IMO. Mind you, I had to run out and buy an XBox controller to use with my PC (it didn't want to map to my Logitech gamepad properly) but it works great now. The XBox controller's definitely grown on me fast - plus now I have rumble as an unplanned bonus.

Though I kinda have to agree re: the lack of ammo - it tends to be a bit of a pain.

Overall though, it's been a blast so far. I'd complain about how many save points there are, except that as someone who dies a lot it benefits me.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
MaP_Prime
Machine War

Just wondering if any here has both the console/PC version and the DS version. I have been trying to figure out what the differences are between them.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #15
SamiWCP
Alternator

So, question..I'm not exactly a gamer type. I have an xbox360 elite that someone got me awhile back, so I bought that WFC game last night from Walmart..now i see everyone talking about codes..will it really matter where you bought it from since you'll eventually if not already be able to find all these codes for other players? Or won't it work outside of the store brand version you bought? How does that all work?
SamiWCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiWCP View Post
So, question..I'm not exactly a gamer type. I have an xbox360 elite that someone got me awhile back, so I bought that WFC game last night from Walmart..now i see everyone talking about codes..will it really matter where you bought it from since you'll eventually if not already be able to find all these codes for other players? Or won't it work outside of the store brand version you bought? How does that all work?
it's a one use code that comes with the game, if you look in the hauls thread the case has jazz on it that you get the code for him in

PS i thought the same

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #17
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
they give u a paper, you scratch it and get a code. Go to transformersgame.com/redemption, put ur code in and register for an activision account, and then they will send u an email with the official code. Say if i have shockwave, now i got buy a jazz card, scratch it and redeem the code again, they will send me another code to unlock or download Jazz. I got the email for my shockwave, but have no idea how to unlock him. Maybe they will make it DLC and you have the option to buy it or redeem it with your code
Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #18
SamiWCP
Alternator

Will they eventually come up with like cheat codes or something for that? Who was the Walmart figure?
SamiWCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #19
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Will they eventually come up with like cheat codes or something for that? Who was the Walmart figure?
they might make all characters DLC (downloadable content) or come out with character packs
Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #20
JSon
Robo Warrior

As a video game player this is a good game.
As a Transformers fan, this is THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER PLAYED!
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote