Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
frenzy_rumble
Custom Transformers : Sideswipe and Sunstreaker

FIVE DAY AUCTION
NO RESERVE
< $1.00 STARTING PRICE
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130410297824

Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Custom Transformers : Sideswipe and Sunstreaker

Not my call to make and don't take it wrong, but personally, I think you should be paying to advertise your stuff here since you're clearly a business and making a living out of your customs. Because you, like most non-Canadian kitbashers who post here, pretty much only come here to pimp your stuff before putting it on on Ebay. Which is... kinda rude, no matter how nice the stuff is. Right? I don't think Mario from Automaton or the guys from A3U would be allowed to start threads to advertise their stuff, especially without a banner... Don't crucify me, someone had to ask the question someday.

Last edited by Pascal; 07-14-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Not my call to make and don't take it wrong, but personally, I think you should be paying to advertise your stuff here since you're clearly a business and making a living out of your customs. Because you, like most non-Canadian kitbashers who post here, pretty much only come here to pimp your stuff before putting on on Ebay. Which is... kinda rude, no matter how nice the stuff is. Right? I don't think Mario from Automaton or the guys from A3U would be allowed to start threads to advertise their stuff, especially without a banner... Don't crucify me, someone had to ask the question someday.

here, here Pascal. People from the boards sometimes post up pics of their customs and say they are on sale on ebay (ive done it myself in fact). but like myself we are not in it for the long haul, we do it once in a while to showcase our talents/ideas. posting your stuff for sale when you are making a living off of it, and posting a huge banner below is nothing more than free advertising-a great business practice in terms of the bottom line, but not an ethical one. Like pascal says, mario wouldnt continually make a thread with all his new stuff, he does sometimes release newsletters, but i cant even remember the last time he did that.

"for everything there ever was"

Old 07-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
here, here Pascal. People from the boards sometimes post up pics of their customs and say they are on sale on ebay (ive done it myself in fact). but like myself we are not in it for the long haul, we do it once in a while to showcase our talents/ideas. posting your stuff for sale when you are making a living off of it, and posting a huge banner below is nothing more than free advertising-a great business practice in terms of the bottom line, but not an ethical one. Like pascal says, mario wouldnt continually make a thread with all his new stuff, he does sometimes release newsletters, but i cant even remember the last time he did that.
I'm pretty sure being a sponsor allows you to submit and have your newsletter posted but I may be wrong.

I agree with Pascal somewhat. They're nice customs but at this point it's just advertising for a business. Though F_R really is a member of the community (I'm pretty sure I've seen him giving other customizers tips) so I'm not sure how strict things have to be.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Quote:
Not my call to make and don't take it wrong, but personally, I think you should be paying to advertise your stuff here since you're clearly a business and making a living out of your customs. Because you, like most non-Canadian kitbashers who post here, pretty much only come here to pimp your stuff before putting it on on Ebay. Which is... kinda rude, no matter how nice the stuff is. Right? I don't think Mario from Automaton or the guys from A3U would be allowed to start threads to advertise their stuff, especially without a banner... Don't crucify me, someone had to ask the question someday.
I agree 100% and if anyone want to take a strip off you for the above post, take one off me too. This "whoring" of customs on our board has gotta stop. I know people want to make money off customs they make but doing this is really disrespectful to the board and the board members.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Technically he's in the right, the rules don't disallow anything he's doing

That doesn't stop it from making him look like an ass
Old 07-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

5. No spam.
Posting for the purpose of advertising your website or product is not permitted.

That's exactly what he does.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Quote:
5. No spam.
Posting for the purpose of advertising your website or product is not permitted.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE
Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #9
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
5. No spam.

But it's in a BST forum
Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
Pascal
Banned

His signature-banner is linked to his business website. He's selling products, not his personal collection for the heck of it like the rest of us.
Closed Thread