Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 07-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
A Taste of Botcon ? Footage of the original Botcon conventions being added to Youtube

We’re always up to share some interesting insights into the history of the Transformers franchise – and we have an awesome one to share with you tonight. 24 years ago yesterday, on 16 July 1994, the first-ever Botcon convention kicked off. The show, organised by Jon and Karl Hartman, was intended to be a tenth anniversary celebration of Transformers, and it kicked off an entire legacy of Transformers conventions which for many of us was how we all got to meet “in real life” and become friends outside of the fandom. It all started with two brothers in Fort Wayne, » Continue Reading.

The post A Taste of Botcon – Footage of the original Botcon conventions being added to Youtube appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 07-17-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: A Taste of Botcon ? Footage of the original Botcon conventions being added to You

Wow, that is hilarious.

Just seeing the beginnings of what was going to become a bedrock of the fandom is great.

Seeing all those great G1 and G2 toys, IN BOX, makes me reminisce about growing up in the 70s/80s and all the great toys we had.

I definitely can't wait to see what else they upload. I'm glad they thought to keep a visual record.

Though I have to laugh at the "80s" quality of the recording. Although it does seem fitting for an 80s inspired event.

Last edited by canprime; 07-17-2018 at 05:05 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: A Taste of Botcon ? Footage of the original Botcon conventions being added to You

No.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote