Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #81
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Counting 'em down again! One more time :)

December 24

Introducing as a big freakin bonus (to me) on a very special background the biggest Prime I now have the pleasure of owning and yes he is MASsive

Mega Action MAS-01 Optimus Prime
(Pascal you can hit the like button now lol)

What can anyone say? He’s big, 18 inches tall, 3855 grams (although all these weights have include the packaging) super poseable and just a behemoth of a Prime. I picked this up from A3U a few months back only because I have been delaying it for a while and with MAS Megatron due out, I couldn’t have one without the other. To make matters worse I bought 1 more (and last) Detolf just for truly spectacular pieces and having seen this a few times decided to get some backgrounds printed for all my Detoilfs. Took my wife two weeks to notice that there was another one in the house. She kept figuring I had moved one around from somewhere else. As for MAS Prime he is just that. Massive. The light up features on the matrix and the eyes are incredible and the best pics I’ve seen were done by RaidenisOP so you really need to check them out. I know some have issues with the shoulders but mine seem ok. My only nitpick on him is the hips are a bit loose so posing him can be a bit of a challenge but he will hold the pose one you get him in it. The matrix will stay in but does not tab in (unless I am doing it wrong) and will have a tendency to fall out if you lean him forward with the chest open. But honestly this is truly a marvel to own. Now I probably would have gone with the Unimetal if I wanted super G1 detail and die cast but at that price tag I am more than comfortable sticking with MAS-01. Also I know that some people take exception to having Transformers that don’t transform but honestly I am sure some of those same people have Revoltech transformers and most collectors display in bot mode anyway so, no harm, no foul. If you really want a spectacular display piece and if you can afford it I would highly recommend this so all I can say is bring on Megatron because Prime can’t be a Prime without him.

Last edited by wervenom; 12-24-2017 at 10:25 AM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #82
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 24 bonus

Where are they now?

IIRC from last year’s advent, the last pic I showed in each reveal showed where they physically got displayed but with how I choose to do it this year it was more difficult plus I was adding the backgrounds to each Detolf so it just seemed a better idea to show that off at the end. So in no particular order as far as the reveals go here they are. I chose to shoot in order of how you would see them should you walk the “cave.” Next project will be adding lights to all these cabinets and backgrounds to the larger MP cabinets.
Overboard

Quintessa and Skulk (hiding in top left corner)

Trypticon and staff

Slugslinger, Misfire, Wingspan, Pounce and TM Scorponok

Demonicus (playing a physical Devil Z here) Overlord, Millifex, Billifex and TM Thunderwing

Thousandkills

United Windcharger

TLK Cybertron

Seaspray

Grotusque, Metalhawk, Sixknight and Repugnus

Treadshot
Old 12-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #83
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Part 2

Cloudraker

TR Arcee (Queen of the world)

MAS Prime (waiting for MAS Megs)

FT Koot

BC Brawny

Havoc

CB Megs (way at the back)

Magnus Prime and Godbomber

BH Predacons and TLK Infernocons

TF GO Samurai Team

TR Tidal Wave
Old 12-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #84
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I love those displays! Awesome pics!
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #85
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Wow. That is pure awesome, incredible photos!
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #86
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Very Impressive Collection !!! Extremely Well Done !!!
Old 12-25-2017, 01:02 AM   #87
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I love those displays! Awesome pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Wow. That is pure awesome, incredible photos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Very Impressive Collection !!! Extremely Well Done !!!
Thanks guys
Old 12-25-2017, 01:04 AM   #88
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 25

And here you thought I was done lol. Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noël, Seasons Greeting, Happy Holidays or whatever it is your prefer we have reached the end of the last time. It has been fun and I hope you enjoyed and as the last two years you get one more, just one more time

His name is NECROSIS!

I don’t know how to really begin with this. He was an idea that started back in January of this year (maybe December of last year) and just kinda evolved into the form you see now. Originally I wanted to a Beast Wars II Black Leo Prime but wasn’t fond of the lack of colour so I decided to get a PE Xerxes but after watching some reviews, I wasn’t left with a good feeling about it. So I decided to make my own but couldn’t decide what colour scheme I wanted. I had already done the wing mod of TR Alpha Trion (using RiD Galvatron’s wings) but found a RiD Megatron at the toy show in January for $2 and promptly ripped the wings off. I think at that point he was created in my brain as I happened to look at the Predacon “crystal” in the chest. It is the exact same size as the button in Alpha Trion’s chest. I had a spare head leftover from an extra Sentinel Prime (which I tuned into Omega Sentinel) . So with that he had to be black, have a prime head and be a Predacon. The red claws were from the idea of Xerxes and silver mane from Black Leo Prime. The biggest issue I then had was what is he? Obviously being a combination of multiple characters and none of them at the same time it was now an original or stand alone and needed a name. I thought he had to be “death” or symbolize it some way (that’s when the bio started forming as well) so I looked for synonyms of death and Necrosis was born. He did undergo a number of name changes, Necro Prime, Necrosis Prime, Death Primal and the list went on. In the end I had a conversation with a friend and with his encouragement I decided to enter the 3D contest for TF Con and 4 months later he was finished, figure, bio, artwork and all and sat waiting for July 15th to arrive. So to that friend I have to say thank you for your words of encouragement (cause I honestly thought I was going to have my ass handed to me), faith in my project and for keeping quiet for so long. With that I present to you all

NECROSIS!
DEATH FEARS HIM!

Old 12-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #89
TriggerHappy
TargetMaster

Fantastic series Wervenom!!! Very sad to see it go and i think i speak for most on Cybertron.ca, Well Done, Well Done!

Have a great Christmas and fantastic New Year!

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...428#post697428

TriggerHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:13 PM   #90
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
Fantastic series Wervenom!!! Very sad to see it go and i think i speak for most on Cybertron.ca, Well Done, Well Done!

Have a great Christmas and fantastic New Year!
Thank you kind sir. Hopefully someone else will take over. I love doing it, don't get me wrong, just takes a lot of time and depending on what you buy either expensive or lots of patience since I bought stuff and didn't open it for six months lol

Last edited by wervenom; 03-13-2020 at 11:35 AM.