Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2016, 02:09 AM   #11
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: Christmas Countdown 2016 (Pic Heavy)

I'm tempted on whether I should get MP-10V or not
Old 12-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #12
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Dec 3 Bonus Item

Well wonders never cease. I get Legends Wreck-Gar cause I couldn't find a Platinum Edition Scrapheap and he falls into my lap off Kijiji. Talk about dumb luck.
Lol! At least you got Junkion variety now!
Nice figure!

Quote:
Not much else to say but if you're gonna troop build then I can only think of 4 types off the top of my head. Sweeps, Junkions, Sharkticons and Vehicons. OK maybe Quints too but that is a little out of my price range for the iGear ones.
Hmm, not pricey troop builds, eh?
-S1 seekers. The cartoon built up Decepticon ranks with recolours of the 3 jets.

-Reflector =3 + 1 (the 1 Starscream sent through the test space bridge)

-Insecticons

-Paradron citizens -ironically, they resembled the TF Animated Autotroopers who were Botcon Troopbuilder toys 1 year!
Ok, this would be pricy, unless you can get a bunch of similar head figures like FirstAid, Brawl, Vortex, and paint/repurpose them.

There's more if you wander outside original G1

Last edited by JLvatron; 12-04-2016 at 11:21 AM.
JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #13
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

So yesterday I posted wanting Scrapheap in the morning and got it in the afternoon. I closed by saying I want to win the lottery and guess what? Not a blasted thing so no Disney World for me. On with the show

Dec 4th – TR Rewind

Blasted TRU sales. Get me almost every time for impulse buys, but, this one will serve a purpose and I’d thank board member Shepp for the idea. Sometimes you don’t need a figure for who he/she is but rather who they can be. Hasbro has been good for giving us updated version of the characters we have grown up with but they haven’t been great at it. It was nice to get a Titan Metroplex with Scamper, but what the heck happened to Six-gun and Slammer? Sometimes I’m willing to go 3rd party and sometimes I’m not and for this figure it was a not. Recently I was reading through the boards and Shepp made a suggestion regarding re-purposing figures and Rewind fit the bill. I’ll never get a TR Blaster and thought the same of his minions but since this mold has the third mode of a tank this will be perfect for Slammer. Might paint him more white someday but for now Rewind will be transformed into his tank mode and “die.” Never again will he be Rewind, he will always be Slammer to me. Now I’ll just have to figure out who to use as Six-Gun. Thoughts anyone?

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:15 AM   #14
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 5th – Titans Return Brainstorm (Walgreen’s Exclusive)

One of the highly anticipated figures for the year and what does Hasbro do? Release it as an exclusive in two different forms and screw us again with the same character. WTF? Generations Brainstorm got crappy distribution to put it mildly, but then to release the figure as a Walgreen’s exclusive or drop it in an SDCC set, all I can do is shake my head and hope Takara does a release so at least that way collectors in general have a realistic shot at getting him. To have the voyager is great but if you really want the updated headmasters to scale then you have to get this. I’m glad I did as I genuinely try to scale my lines as best as possible. Good re use of the Blurr mold and good solid figure all around. Nice to have the headmasters all together at long last.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #15
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Marc, please keep this going!! I really enjoy this thread!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #16
BoNKerS
Animated

Same lovin' this thread dude!!! Keep it up!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #17
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I love this thread every year. Can't wait to see them all!
Yeah me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
I agree with the head sculpt and didn't relize that you could keep his pinchers as hands in bot mode. I might have to keep the one I picked up as a gift for my nephew now
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
I love that mold too! Very innvocative of the bw scorponox. Had to pick this one up. Love the pics so far. Keep up the good work!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzAq View Post
right on WV, loved it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Morally, I can't stand beast claws/paws as robot hands.
But I applaud your innovation!

And nice that your BW Megatron didn't crumble with gps!
More applause!
Thanks
Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #18
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Lol! At least you got Junkion variety now!
Nice figure!

Hmm, not pricey troop builds, eh?
-S1 seekers. The cartoon built up Decepticon ranks with recolours of the 3 jets.

-Reflector =3 + 1 (the 1 Starscream sent through the test space bridge)

-Insecticons

-Paradron citizens -ironically, they resembled the TF Animated Autotroopers who were Botcon Troopbuilder toys 1 year!
Ok, this would be pricy, unless you can get a bunch of similar head figures like FirstAid, Brawl, Vortex, and paint/repurpose them.

There's more if you wander outside original G1
For the S1 seekers I have a KO Sunstorm, Acid Storm and something that is supposed to be an eHobby exclusive black chromed Starscream but I think I got duped on that one. Still a nice piece though. Reflector I have the Botcon ones plus the one that came from Skrapnel so that gives me four lol. As for Insecticons I'll have to wait to see if they come out with the recolours like Chopshop. I don't want to stray too far outside G1 since I mostly stick with that conntiuity but I did troop build Kremzeeks now that I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
Marc, please keep this going!! I really enjoy this thread!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
Same lovin' this thread dude!!! Keep it up!
Glad you guys like it. No worries it keeps going to the 24th or the end whichever comes last
Old 12-06-2016, 07:59 AM   #19
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 6th – FP LER-01 Columpio TF Con Exclusive

So kind of a weird thing happened one day last month. I needed a mental health day from work as I’m sure many of us do on occasion. So on said day I was talking to a friend and walking around the man cave and started questioning certain figures I had and figured why do I need and WFC/FOC set? Metroplex was always in there but it’s not like I’m going to get another for generations to go with Fort Max so a purge began. Problem is I need Dinobots but the Planet X aesthetic wouldn’t work so I sold them all and started with the LER series since they might be closer to G1 style. So on with the show as they say with Columpio. Not a bad figure at all, no die cast that I know of but possibly on the toes? But oh well, he has nice shiny gold chrome, and a Driver. What the heck? I can appreciate Transformers roots stemming from Diaclone but whether it be a driver or some figure that turns into a weapon for Dinobots I have no connection to them and the Dinobots can eat them for all I care. I just want robots that can “Stomp’em flat.” Now for the figure itself I did say not bad only because of the hips as they are quite loose in my opinion but beyond that he will serve as a good Sludge. Unlike my MP Dinobots I will leave the classics shelf displayed in bot mode.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #20
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Dec 6th – FP LER-01 Columpio TF Con Exclusive

So kind of a weird thing happened one day last month. I needed a mental health day from work as I’m sure many of us do on occasion. So on said day I was talking to a friend and walking around the man cave and started questioning certain figures I had and figured why do I need and WFC/FOC set? Metroplex was always in there but it’s not like I’m going to get another for generations to go with Fort Max so a purge began. Problem is I need Dinobots but the Planet X aesthetic wouldn’t work so I sold them all and started with the LER series since they might be closer to G1 style. So on with the show as they say with Columpio. Not a bad figure at all, no die cast that I know of but possibly on the toes? But oh well, he has nice shiny gold chrome, and a Driver. What the heck? I can appreciate Transformers roots stemming from Diaclone but whether it be a driver or some figure that turns into a weapon for Dinobots I have no connection to them and the Dinobots can eat them for all I care. I just want robots that can “Stomp’em flat.” Now for the figure itself I did say not bad only because of the hips as they are quite loose in my opinion but beyond that he will serve as a good Sludge. Unlike my MP Dinobots I will leave the classics shelf displayed in bot mode.

Hey dood volar comes with colompios hip replacement. I love the fp Dino line
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote