Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #1
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Christmas Countdown 2016 (Pic Heavy)

First off let me say I had no intention of doing this again because I wasn’t sure I’d even have enough figures to be able to pull this off, Transformers or otherwise but I really enjoyed doing it. It just turned out that close to the end of November I managed to come up with 24 pieces, some good, some so-so depending on your opinion. I probably could have come up with them more easily if I could resist my PCA and not open them right away lol. Hope you enjoy the show

Dec 1st – The Golden Disks from Unicron.com

Not exactly sure what set this is as there seem to be 2 floating around, 1 in a bag and another that seems to have cut-outs for the discs in bio cards. Have to say this was never on my radar but sometimes impulse buys come together and you’re off to the races. BW Megatron was by far one of the most charismatic characters across the TF Universe and got started because of these discs. Interesting set to say the least, I’m not really into accessory sets but this one became a must have based on the price I got it for. The tail piece comes off easily enough and I love the detail done on the discs which really duplicate what was in the show. Nice that they are indeed metal and not plastic and can “somewhat” store on Megatron’s back. Definitely a set worth having for the BW fan and if the price is right. So now that Megs can see into the future, can you? See you tomorrow

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #2
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: Christmas Countdown 2016 (Pic Heavy)

I love this thread every year. Can't wait to see them all!
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
DuG
Titanium

Happy December indeed, yes!!!
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #4
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 2nd – RID 2015 Paralon TRU exclusive

First off, I’m not a fan of this show and I’ve tried. My son loves it but it’s not something I’ve been able to give any interest in at all so why did I buy this figure you ask? Answer is simply this, the head sculpt reminds me so much of BW Scorponok and his actual toy is much too large to scale well with BW figures, updated generations etc. and I really wanted one and Paralon “fits” the bill perfectly. I will consider painting him, but I really do like the purple look. For the most part I did show the actual full on transformation but BW Scorponok had his pinchers for hands and no real shoulder pads like Paralon so I’m going to leave the pinchers in the scorpion mode and display him that way so I can finally say I have completed my BW collection to my satisfaction.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:24 AM   #5
DuG
Titanium

I agree with the head sculpt and didn't relize that you could keep his pinchers as hands in bot mode. I might have to keep the one I picked up as a gift for my nephew now
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 AM   #6
optimusb39
Animated

I love that mold too! Very innvocative of the bw scorponox. Had to pick this one up. Love the pics so far. Keep up the good work!
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #7
RazzAq
Machine War
RazzAq's Ebay Auctions

right on WV, loved it..
Old 12-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #8
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Morally, I can't stand beast claws/paws as robot hands.
But I applaud your innovation!

And nice that your BW Megatron didn't crumble with gps!
More applause!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 3rd - CW Legends Wreck-Gar

Again another impulse purchase at a recent TRU sale. I really wanted the other Junkion from the Platinum set but I’m not spending that type of cash for one deluxe figure and since you can’t have enough Junkions why not add this. Beyond colour and head sculpt, not much different from Groove or Rustdust and I needed to give UW Nosecone’s weapon to someone so why not a guy who uses recycled parts. Cute, fun and works for me.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:08 PM   #10
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 3 Bonus Item

Well wonders never cease. I get Legends Wreck-Gar cause I couldn't find a Platinum Edition Scrapheap and he falls into my lap off Kijiji. Talk about dumb luck. Nice that has has a new headscuplt (new for me anyway) some slightly different colouring. Not much else to say but if you're gonna troop build then I can only think of 4 types off the top of my head. Sweeps, Junkions, Sharkticons and Vehicons. OK maybe Quints too but that is a little out of my price range for the iGear ones. So if I can post that I wanted this in the morning and get it in the afternoon there is only one thing I can say. I hope to win the lottery tonight Oh and Happy Birthday to Slayback! All the best.