Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #2321
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Legacy Armada Starscream was bumped up to Nov 25. So that's on the way now. Inferno and TM2 Megatron still say February though.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 11:02 PM   #2322
TZX123
Beasty

Went into the my local Gamestop, asked for Crankcase.

Staff told me to order online instead, because they have no control on what kind of transformers they get.(They said the warehouse sends whatever available to them.)
Old 11-27-2022, 11:15 PM   #2323
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZX123 View Post
Went into the my local Gamestop, asked for Crankcase.

Staff told me to order online instead, because they have no control on what kind of transformers they get.(They said the warehouse sends whatever available to them.)
I don't know about Crankcase, specifically, but here's the way things generally go at GameStop:

Stores only have control over pre-orders. Once an item is no longer available for pre-order (it's already released, it's sold out, was never available for pre-order to begin with, etc?) then they can't do much.

One thing they can do sometimes is transfer an item that's available at another store to their own store for you. However, I think they're a bit stricter about doing that these days, due to the cost of shipping. But if the employees at the store know you, they'll usually oblige.

Oddly, I've never seen them do a transfer from the main warehouse. But I guess if it's in the main warehouse, you could just order it online, assuming that inventory isn't being held for other pre-orders. The stock availability just shows if an item is there. It doesn't show if it's reserved for someone already. This is the same for in-store availability that appears online.

Hope that helps.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:09 AM   #2324
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
I don't know about Crankcase, specifically, but here's the way things generally go at GameStop:

Stores only have control over pre-orders. Once an item is no longer available for pre-order (it's already released, it's sold out, was never available for pre-order to begin with, etc?) then they can't do much.

One thing they can do sometimes is transfer an item that's available at another store to their own store for you. However, I think they're a bit stricter about doing that these days, due to the cost of shipping. But if the employees at the store know you, they'll usually oblige.

Oddly, I've never seen them do a transfer from the main warehouse. But I guess if it's in the main warehouse, you could just order it online, assuming that inventory isn't being held for other pre-orders. The stock availability just shows if an item is there. It doesn't show if it's reserved for someone already. This is the same for in-store availability that appears online.

Hope that helps.

I guess it depends on the store... Mine has had no trouble checking and ordering from the warehouse or transfer from another store if it's available, even the "random" stuff, they can can order a whole box so that you get the one you want. Heck, some items where fairly "old"stuff and it wasn't an issue at all.

Also, most time when something is out of stock online, including pre-orders, they are able to still order it.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 11-28-2022 at 12:15 AM.
imfallenangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:14 AM   #2325
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I guess it depends on the store... Mine has had no trouble checking and ordering from the warehouse or transfer from another store if it's available, even the "random" stuff, they can can order a whole box so that you get the one you want.

Also, most time when something is out of stock online, including pre-orders, they are able to still order it.
I've never tried to order a whole box but my local GameStop has definitely brought things in from the warehouse or from other stores for me.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 01:58 AM   #2326
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Motormaster on sale for $101.24 for anyone still looking.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...y-ev-commander
Old 11-28-2022, 02:27 AM   #2327
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

few others on sale too, legacy deluxe wave 1, kingdom rhinox. not much tho.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:56 AM   #2328
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post

Hope that helps.
Heres my experience.
I preordered all studio series, legacy crancase, crosshairs, hotrod.
Peacmaker and,dead end.
I left crankcase, hotrod, and crosshairs there.
Therefore they sell what i leave behind on my preorder.
I could have gotten 2 dead ends on top of my order but decided not to.
Budget for me i can buy the shelf warmers later.
Also if you dont pay for your items when they call you.
You have,48 hrs to pick up or they will put your items on the floor to sell at store.
Hence,leaving the ones i didnt want right now.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:35 AM   #2329
kaku0o0
Generation 1

Thx guys, pulled the trigger on Motormaster and Dragstrip.
kaku0o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:31 AM   #2330
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaku0o0 View Post
Thx guys, pulled the trigger on Motormaster and Dragstrip.
I just bought it from Amazon for $106. Lol only 5 buck different but I reordered and will return Amazon.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote