Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #11
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Prototype Revealed

Tentative end of Dec release date. Takara just made my Xmas.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #12
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I love this I will have this along with all the other mp releases this year so glad I decided to go with takara over hasbro I am not going to wait 2 more years for my magnus to show up
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #13
Vorahk
Energon

Dear mother of god that must be mine.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #14
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma23 View Post
ya in the japanese text, just before half way through

ADD:

here's a quickie not-100-percent-accurate translation off the top of my head, in the middle of work:

"masterpiece number 22 is to be ultra magnus! The G1 toy is based off a mini-robot cab, the same size as convoy, combining with a bigger body from the car carrier, but the masterpiece version will be based off the transformation concept seen in the cartoon and movie. the cab will not have a independent robot mode, and the cab and car carrier will transform together as one piece. the cab in vehicle mode will be the same size as MP10 convoy, and will share some of the same parts as MP10 such as tires and the front grill. (this last sentence i am not 100% sure but should be pretty damn close) In addition, there will be no swapping parts involved in the transformation (not a partsformer), including the shoulder missiles

MP22 will be on sale late december for 20K yen with change (subject to change)"
SWEET AUNT PETUNIAS CHRISTMAS CAKE!!!!

This is either going to be awesome, most likely, or a " meh" like the titanium G1 Ultra Magnus. (Less likely)
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Well that sucks! I was really excited for this because that was one of the things I liked about the G1 toy was that it was just a white Optimus Prime with a trailer upgrade. I wholly expected them to remold some parts to allow for combination. But really, axing the inner robot completely in the sake of not making it parts-former? Honestly, that's what made him who he was for me. That's like saying, "OK, we're going to do Masterpiece Predaking. But he doesn't turn into individual robots or come apart. He just transforms into an inter-species animal orgy. Kind of like Derpastator here".

I am afraid what they'll do with Star Saber. Are they going to nicks his brainmaster gimmick because they couldn't figure out a way for him to give him head articulation and keep the gimmick?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #16
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

He still looks better than EAVY METAL Magnus... at least we see the cab's back wheels are the same width as the main cab so we know the transformation will be a bit more involved...
Old 04-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

I don't get why people think a white Prime automatically means a partsforming trailer when the trailer could easily transform into a well articulated one-piece powersuit in which you could plug the white Prime. Unless you consider having a separate trailer partsforming?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #18
chroma23
douchebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I don't get why people think a white Prime automatically means a partsforming trailer when the trailer could easily transform into a well articulated one-piece powersuit in which you could plug the white Prime. Unless you consider having a separate trailer partsforming?
i think those people are thinking along the lines of what fansproject city commander was: shares the same skeletoral rig as the smaller white prime

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #19
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Well that sucks! I was really excited for this because that was one of the things I liked about the G1 toy was that it was just a white Optimus Prime with a trailer upgrade. I wholly expected them to remold some parts to allow for combination. But really, axing the inner robot completely in the sake of not making it parts-former? Honestly, that's what made him who he was for me. That's like saying, "OK, we're going to do Masterpiece Predaking. But he doesn't turn into individual robots or come apart. He just transforms into an inter-species animal orgy. Kind of like Derpastator here".
I am a tiny bit disappointed in the no white prime decision as well. BUT, takara is trying to follow a "pure" masterpiece line based on replicating exactly how the characters where represented in the show. So with that understanding, we never saw white prime in the show, hence, hes a full transforming MP. It stings, but they are justified in what they are doing.

Alll in all im really curious as to how they hide that white cab within the architecture of the trailer without having it be a big ass block. Thats some really impressive engineering, aaaaand it looks flipping awesome!

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #20
Nullray
IGC

Looks fantastic so far. I am gonna definitely put this in the collection. Between this and CS. Two fantastic releases. Glad to own both.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote