Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Items For Sale or Trade

Old 02-19-2014, 02:38 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Once again, the though crossed my mind to...

...sell all my Movie bots. I still haven't cracked the majority of them out of their boxes, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that they're going to take up so much room that Detolfs might not even handle them.

I've got one of each Leader Class mold from the movie line. Please don't take this opportunity to show your hatred (or general dislike) for anything Bayverse, as I already know the general vibe about these toys. But I need some advice.

One: shipping. Going the ebay route will score me a few more bucks, but shipping is going to be very pricey to the States. Our dollar is low so I'll make a bit more than I would have, say, last year...but the shipping (and cost for tracking, which I would do) is prohibitive.

Two: Packaging. Getting some of these guys into boxes for shipping is going to be tricky. Ultimate Devastator, the Unicrons, Ultimate BBee...heck, even Metroplex might go but I don't even wanna think about how tough it would be to ship him properly.

Three: There is no three, I just wanted to put a third option

One thought was to first advertise them here at fair prices prior to ebay, but again, I'm not sure if anybody is going to be all that interested. My way around shipping for established people on this board might entail this: if they buy more than one (who knows, maybe three or four?) then I could entertain using Greyhound to ship. It's very cost effective, as they go by weight, so a big box to hold everything will be properly padded up for the journey. That would be in BC only, unless someone really wants something specific.

I still haven't made up my mind 100%, but I'm almost there. I'll list what I've got, and then maybe you guys can comment if you'd like:

TFTM:
Leader Brawl

ROTF:
Leader Optimus Prime
Leader Megatron
Leader Jetfire
Ultimate Devastator
Ultimate Bumblebee

HFTD:
Leader Starscream
Battle Ops Bumblebee

DOTM:
Leader Sentinel Prime
Leader Ironhide
Ultimate Optimus Prime

OTHERS:
Armada Unicron
TF Movie repaint Unicron
Generations Metroplex
G1 Reissue Seacons

***and that's it. I'm thinking that it's a lot of work to sell them, as there's no real local buyers around here (I'm on the island).

Everything is sealed except the ROTF Optimus Prime (but I still have the box...even the twist ties, lol). The boxes have some wear for the most part. All batteries still work on the bots that feature them.

Any ideas on what to do? If anybody is interested, do let me know but I haven't come up with prices just yet. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
justprime
Animated
Re: Once again, the though crossed my mind to...

Some nice pieces that will sell all I can say about the shipping cost is not to worry about it the buyer if they want the piece.. won't quibble over the shipping cost..( provide a quote with options it helps, rates can be found on canada post site) especially to the states try shipping to austraila if you want to see stupid costs its gotta be the most expensive place on the planet to ship to from here.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

All you items are with huge boxes, the shipping will cost a lot. Better try to find local fans to trade.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Shipping cost will almost negate any profit you make from some of these pieces. Perhaps review sold auctions on eBay to gauge which are the most desired pieces and focus on those. The less-desired pieces will have to donated.

Otherwise you may be better off selling them for a bit less locally with free pickup just to get them out of your hair.

Next step is to sell them a little lower here but getting gouged by shipping factors in again.

Or a third option is to store them for a couple years and try selling the lot again. The big issue with Bayverse is that everyone that wanted something got something. In a few years there may be a resurgence in interest through a generation of kids that are discovering the Bayverse for th first time.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
CanBot
Cybertron

Thanks for the tips, guys. Shipping is the biggest problem, and where I'm sure some could sell for slight profit, it most likely won't cover retail costs...but since they're sealed, who knows. Demand is low, at least among the collectors. I think I'll hang on to them, but we'll see.

From what I know, I think the only ones that will be in demand are the ROTF Prime, perhaps Megatron, BOPS BBEE, Devastator (somewhat)...that's about it, maybe Starscream as well....the movie Unicron, I think that one was a bit harder to find at a time. What do you guys think are the ones that will move easiest?
Old 02-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I don't understand why a lot of people (especially from the states), always say they won't sell stuff because of shipping cost. The buyer pays shipping, whatever that amount is, so it's of no cost to the seller.
I understand if you mean that a higher shipping cost might turn away buyers who don't want to pay that much, but what's the harm in putting it up for sale anyways? I've gotten alot of buyers who paid high shipping costs overseas because they really want a figure.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Easier to move (though you're relying more on collectors who missed the boat or once owned them, sold them off and now want them back again):

ROTF Prime
ROTF Jetfire
(sell them together because they combine)
HFTD Leader Starscream (because he's fantastic)
maybe ROTF Megatron too
(These would make a great 4-piece lot that captures the best Bayverse toys)

Maybe Battle Ops 'Bee. Best movie 'Bee evah (aside from deluxe HFTD BB'Bee) though you'd have to sell him quote low cause the yellow guy is played out.

And maybe reissue Seacons too, though I recall them being kinda fugly.

The rest either store 'em or toss 'em.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Rotf prime has very good ko version now, even the buster version, less than 300 rmb in China, so around 50 cad. That might push the price down a little bit .

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Just exactly where in "West Coast Canada" are you?

If you are in the Greater Vancouver/Lower Mainland, I am sure you can offload the leader class if your asking price is right.

While most may have a certain disdain for Bayverse design, I think a lot of us also appreciate the solid built quality and pain in the butt complex transformation of the old ROTF days than the current "dumbed down" designs.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #10
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I think a lot of us also appreciate the solid built quality and pain in the butt complex transformation of the old ROTF days than the current "dumbed down" designs.
+1.

The ROTF and HFTD lines are the best Bayverse toys. That's where the money can be made, if at all.