Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #531
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfmullen View Post
That's rather chauvinist at best. Not everyone is attracted to blondes, big tits, vanilla, ice cream or enjoys eating ass. Beauty is also not permission to attempt f@cking as you put it.

Can we evolve as a society please?
How is it chauvinist?

Chauvinist is defined as a person who believes one gender is superior to the other, as a male chauvinist or a female chauvinist

The statement makes no comment on one gender being superior.

The remark may be many things including distasteful, offensive, humourless, but chauvinist it is not. Oh, unless your referring to its other meaning, a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.

The comment is not that either.

If "evolved" means never being able to tell an off-colored joke, I'll stay stagnant.

If anyone is offended by the comment I made, I'm sorry you're offended. But I'm not sorry I made the comment, because it was in no way mean spirited, nor was it meant to be a comment about any gender or person in particular. It was an obvious attempt at levity by insertion of a quote from the movie True Romance.

If you want to be offended, be offended by the used of racial slur CHUG by the TF community.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #532
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

I believe that your remark was indeed that of the typical male picture of the perfect woman. Or pretty close to it. It WAS also mean spirited as it suggests the other person is dumb......assuming most people can actually read between the lines. And then you have the audacity to defend your comment as being not offensive which it actually was. It's comments like those that makes men look bad.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #533
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
It was an obvious attempt at levity by insertion of a quote from the movie True Romance.
That was a great movie.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #534
elburrito
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
That was a great movie.
Awesome movie.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #535
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

10/10 for True Romance and its macho characters! hehehe
sorry for trolling.
So! Any more Kijiji stories? I like them!
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:32 AM   #536
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I has someone respond to an add for a garage sale that I put up. They wanted to get a sneak peak, I told them that wouldn't be possible very nicely.

They responded that I won't be able to sell anything if they don't get to see it first.

Threat? Encouragement? Both? I'm not really sure

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:42 AM   #537
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
I believe that your remark was indeed that of the typical male picture of the perfect woman. Or pretty close to it.
So how does that make it chauvinistic? Again, how does it say anything about one gender being superior to the other? The comment is about as chauvinistic as a picture of He-Man or She-ra.

Quote:
It WAS also mean spirited as it suggests the other person is dumb......assuming most people can actually read between the lines.
You do realize you're reading a thread with title "Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes"

What did you expect to find in this thread, people sharing their great Kijiji experiences and pictures of unicorns and puppies?

So, I guess I stand corrected. It was mean spirited towards a comment about someone acting in a less than reasonable on manner Kijiji. But mean spirited does not equate to chauvinistic.

Quote:
And then you have the audacity to defend your comment as being not offensive which it actually was.
Did you even read my post or did you just rush to type in a response? Because I did not in any way say my comment was not offensive. I directly say in my response that it could be taken that way.

I defended it as not chauvinistic.

If the world stopped saying anything that could be construed as offensive, it would be a silent world.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:52 AM   #538
steamwhistle
Crossover

Ah, such anger.

My head explodes.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:31 AM   #539
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

I actually did read your post, did you? If you don't get it read it again pg#53, post #526. Read it, and if you don't get it, read it again. Keep reading til you see.

Do you realize that you basically asking "Do I look dumb?" Basically saying blondes with big tits and french vanilla asses are? By definition you are saying you are better than that......which also means superior, doesn't it?

Last edited by sarmick01; 05-21-2015 at 02:53 AM.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:52 AM   #540
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Do you realize that you basically asking "Do I look dumb?" Basically saying blondes with big tits and french vanilla asses are? By definition you are saying you are better than that......which also means superior, doesn't it?
Dude, this does not say blondes are dumb, nor does it say I'm superior. The statement breaks down as follows.

"Am I an attractive member of the opposite sex? No? Then why you trying to mate with me?"

"Mate with me" being another way of saying screw me, as in screw me over.

Seriously, look for something to be offended about, you'll always find it.

If I said, "Hey good lookin', what's cookin'," to a woman does that mean I think she should be barefoot and pregnant in a kitchen? That's the level of absurdity to this.

With that said, you have the last word, but I'll leave you with a quote.

"So many people get involved with carrying grudges and having these moral battles with people, where they cast themselves as the righteous and the other guy is the dirtbag. They waste tons of energy on it, create all kinds of darkness around themselves and the other person. It gets you nothing."

--Stephen J. Cannell