Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #31
Endersrun
Generation 2
Re: Toys R US have OFFENDED me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
lol.

In the past I lied to a particularly cute looking check out girl and said I need a gift receipt, I felt dirty after doing that and never ask for one now.
I was standing behind you in the line-up when this happened. I had my Armada Unicron in hand. She asked me the same question, but I responded differently:

"No, thank-you. These are for me... I' a toy collector and this one is going to take center-stage on my TF shelf."

"Wow!" she responded, "I love a confident geek! Let's meet for coffee after my shift."

I waited until my third date to tell her about my plans for the destruction of Cybertron.

We are now married, with one toddler and an army of transforming plastic minions of Unicron and our plans will soon coming to fruition.

Lesson: Always be polite and wear your collector badge with pride; you never know when you will meet the one that is detined to help you slaughter Autobot fools... and gives you a budget for your armies.

(Someone tell Protoman that he shouldn't open with that line. Heck, I get scared, and I like the guy...)
Endersrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #32
Animelee
lives in Carbombya.

I'm fourteen and they still ask if I want a gift receipt, they're just making sure.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #33
CTO15
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Prime View Post
Actually, if they don't ask you, the cash register automatically prints the gift receipt. So they ask you so they can cancel it and waste less paper.

The clerk forgot to ask me and she gave me two receipts.

so really, TRU is just saving the environment. So offend ONE person or save the EARTH? hmm.....
Old 03-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #34
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersrun View Post
I was standing behind you in the line-up when this happened. I had my Armada Unicron in hand. She asked me the same question, but I responded differently:

"No, thank-you. These are for me... I' a toy collector and this one is going to take center-stage on my TF shelf."

"Wow!" she responded, "I love a confident geek! Let's meet for coffee after my shift."

I waited until my third date to tell her about my plans for the destruction of Cybertron.

We are now married, with one toddler and an army of transforming plastic minions of Unicron and our plans will soon coming to fruition.

Lesson: Always be polite and wear your collector badge with pride; you never know when you will meet the one that is detined to help you slaughter Autobot fools... and gives you a budget for your armies.

(Someone tell Protoman that he shouldn't open with that line. Heck, I get scared, and I like the guy...)
I guess you owe me an thank-you then!
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #35
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

"This above all: to thine ownself be true"

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #36
Black Cat
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Yeah, it is. It's not nearly as bad as Walmart Cashiers asking if you found everything your were looking for though

I always feel like saying to them "No, I didn't find wave 3 of Transformers Universe. Could you run to the back and check if you have any" or some such similar comment.

It's like they can't be bothered to have helpful staff anywhere on the sales floor and make the cashiers ask the stupid questions for appearance sake.....
It IS for appearance sake. I don't work for Walmart, but my managers do tell us to ask the customer if they found everything. The way I see it, and how it's happened, if they didn't find something, they tell me. Simple.

Although when they do tell me, I call the department where the product is missing. I'm a nice cashier.

I say no when they ask if I want a gift receipt. I get to laugh later when they give me a weird look after I tell them the toy is for me.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #37
Endersrun
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I guess you owe me an thank-you then!
Yes. Thank-you....for not taking the last Armada Unicron in Alberta.... The rest was alllll me. LOL!!!
Endersrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #38
pud333
Animated

I don't see how this can be offensive when they ask everyone this. It's just like any retail question. Do you want fries with that? Do you want a bag?

Now, if they asked you to show them your "O" face, then yeah, that might get offensive.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #39
MisBio12
Robot in Disguise

They asked me when i bought a sprite and a kitkat forgot to mention about the waspinator
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #40
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrordrone View Post
That is right folks! TRU has offended me and I will not take it anymore!

I am sick to death of walking up to their checkout with an armful of Transformers or other kewl things only to be asked if I want a gift receipt.

The NERVE!!!

Thats it!!!

I am gonna snap on them one day

The toys are mine and i am NEVER giving them back!! No, I don't want to do an exchange or in store credit or refund. No NO NO NO

....now I feel better.
Chill out dude, lol Actually everytime when I go to Toy's R Us I have noticed this. They always ask if people want a gift receipt no matter you are young, old, a kid, an adult, a boy, a woman or a girl. you get the point. They still always ask you
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote