Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-07-2022, 06:29 PM   #171
Tiffster
Classic
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Somewhat. I?ve already acquired most of the figures that I need, the prices just mean I?m far pickier about which redecos I go for. Normally I?d have DK-2 Guard and Lift-Ticket by now but I?m skipping them. Sticking primarily to Masterpiece and Studio ?86 figures aside from vintage G1 and the odd Selects figure.
Ditto. After years of collecting, if amassed multiple versions of many figures. I just want studio series dinos, insecticons and since I started on legacy stunticons I'll complete those. Not much else is enticing. I hope with legacy they pivot now to unicron trilogy etc. So fans who grew up on those can have their nostalgia trip
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:56 AM   #172
Ras
Generation 1

I was at TRU on the weekend with insecticon and stunticon in my hand. I thought the figures looked great. I checked the price and thought, oh these are voyagers? Nope, with tax each deluxe figure was over $50 a pop. Wow! 2 deluxe figs would be over $100. My collecting was any easy impulse not a big deal affair, but at these prices ya need to think carefully about the money spent. As many have said, at this point I pretty much have decent enough versions of all the characters I’m interested in, so I put the two deluxe figures back on the shelf and walked away. There are a few I’ll still grab, like the reset of the leader Dinos. I’ll continue to follow the hobby and go to cons etc but I’m afraid my collecting days are basically behind me. I got no space for anymore anyway.

Last edited by Ras; 05-24-2022 at 10:58 AM.
Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 11:19 AM   #173
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras View Post
I was at TRU
There's your problem right there

TRU is basically only for the exclusives anymore, and even then i hope EB/Gamestop takes them away

never ever get your retail figs that you could find @ Walmart, Amazon, literally anywhere else but TRU - the price hikes are savage
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:26 PM   #174
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
There's your problem right there

TRU is basically only for the exclusives anymore, and even then i hope EB/Gamestop takes them away

never ever get your retail figs that you could find @ Walmart, Amazon, literally anywhere else but TRU - the price hikes are savage
It's still 37 plus tax for a deluxe. That's still brutal. But yes Tru is even worse.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:35 PM   #175
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

I just opened a core class spike, I can't believe this costed $20 taxes in. Thankfully I don't even know half the legacy characters coming out so I can easily skip them.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:17 PM   #176
Skorpulator
Armada

I don't care, I just buy what I want if I like the design. Comparably-sized 3rd party figures cost much more anyway.
Skorpulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:35 PM   #177
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
I just opened a core class spike, I can't believe this costed $20 taxes in. Thankfully I don't even know half the legacy characters coming out so I can easily skip them.
Spike is literally the only figure I'm willing to buy despite the stupid price.
I've got all the 86 movie bots, but I don't have a Spike/Daniel.
I'd say this SS core version is second best to the one that came with MP Bumblebee (but I don't have that one either).
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:45 PM   #178
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
I don't care, I just buy what I want if I like the design. Comparably-sized 3rd party figures cost much more anyway.
Not anymore.

I got a few 3rd party figures that are about the same price but much better for their quality and accessories.

I've never been a 3rd party figures person but I do sort through what's out there and get figures as you say "because I like the design" but I refuse to pay insane prices for things that aren't worth it.

The worst for the pricing difference between them has been more due to the shipping that wasn't free on a few I got, but that hits the same for any older figures that aren't part of the newer stuff that the few places that do have free shipping would have in stock.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:44 AM   #179
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Was in Walmart today and saw the reissue BW Scorponok. Thought I had a nice score until I checked the price, $69.99. Put it back and walked away. If I paid that, I would have felt like I was bad-touched by Uncle Wally. That price is insane.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:00 AM   #180
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I'd say this SS core version is second best to the one that came with MP Bumblebee (but I don't have that one either).
The MP is one is really good despite the unpainted face. Dunno why they keep doing that.
Skorpulator is online now   Reply With Quote