Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-27-2021, 10:50 AM   #291
Crobot91
Metroplex
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving...
Old 04-27-2021, 10:52 AM   #292
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

He brings it on himself. If he had trouble filling orders and receiving preorders, but didn't fly off the handle and talk to people like shit, he wouldn't even have half the issues he has now. People might actually sympathize with him a little if he treated people like valuable customers instead of inconvenient assholes. Ya, his unreliable supply chain is a problem, but his main issue has always been his garbage attitude - well that and his illegal practice of keeping a portion of the payment when he's unable to fill the preorder. Both of these issues are of his own doing. If running a business is causing him this much stress, then he's not cut out for it and should close down shop.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:55 AM   #293
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
Ya Neca TMNT is what I had preordered and it doesn’t seem like it’s making its way up here for any local comic shops but I preordered Super Shredder and it went from preorder to in stock to out of stock and no emails within 10 days. My Tragg/Granitor went from preorder to out of stock so not sure what that meant as it usually says preorder and out of stock when he is out of preorders. I was confused by it all and approaching the 180 day time limit. So I made a dispute and now I’m made to feel terrible. Sounds like I would have been in your boat and he would have sold off some of my order as some of it hasn’t come in yet.
O.T., FYI, right now on thenecastore.com you can get some of those TMNT sets, more will be posted this Friday...
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:48 AM   #294
TRUCKvsGUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Got ads for this scumbag on facebook today... I suppose that's my fault for using Facebook. I reported the ad as a scam (I know, nothing is going to happen, but it felt good to do it), and I blocked them.
I keep getting his ads because I keep clicking on them. I keep clicking on them because I want him to have to send Facebook his money.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:29 PM   #295
RodimusRocks
Machine War

is there a way to report his business, apparently he's breaking google review rules by offering coupons in exchange for reviews.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #296
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
is there a way to report his business, apparently he's breaking google review rules by offering coupons in exchange for reviews.

You could report him to Google's advertising arm through their customer support channels, but I have a feeling they won't do much because a) it's Google and b) this would be such a small potatoes thing that it wouldn't be worth their time.

https://support.google.com/business/gethelp

that seems to be the closest thing I can find that isn't reporting specific reviews for violations or reporting the business for alteration/attention on the maps side of things.

I had a Scorponok 2nd release pre-order with him for like literally less than 6 hours earlier in the year before I cancelled it. I ended up eating the 5% fee (which this time he said was not a "restocking" fee but was to cover paypal vendor charges, something I can almost see as legit given that Paypal does skim a cut off vendors for using their services) because I didn't want to get into the fight and it was my own stupid fault for jumping into the order without double-checking everything.

He was pretty cordial with me through the whole process, no doubt because I tried my best to be as non-confrontational as I possibly could. Though by the end one of my last e-mails asking about how long it took to process the refund did get a response that went off on a tangent about how "terrible" other customers were for taking advantage of him and cancelling orders and blah blah blah.

I'm glad I got out early before things had a chance to really go south.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:23 PM   #297
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
Since he's doing the same thing for Better Business Bureau reviews, you can report him there. It's against their policy too. Being who they are, they might even take it further than their own review integrity. From what I've seen in other posts, it's possibly even a violation of Ontario business practices laws.
I noticed he removed his Yelp incentive. He claims that it's because they were sending his good reviews "to the basement", but it's clearly because they caught on to the sudden influx of positive reviews.
Yellowpages has also received a slew of positive reviews. Just counteract them by giving honest negative reviews to the sites he has been targeting.

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 04-27-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #298
Moogleknight
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Ya, his unreliable supply chain is a problem.
Is it though? I've never encountered any other merchant in this industry with as unreliable a supply chain as NMC's. If it was just my order fine - but there is a consistent pattern of inability to fulfill preorders. At this point given 30 pages of evidence I have to conclude that his inability, no, unwillingness to fulfill pre orders is deliberate.

He makes his money by deliberately not fulfilling orders, hoping that if the order is small enough, you won't go through the effort of trying to recover it, or if you do, use his "attitude" to delay until you're unable to recover it. The attitude is part of his "business"model. We can laugh about here, but I suspect it's a deliberate and profitable act.

This is not a supply chain problem, he probably doesn't have a supply chain problem. This is a merchant who appears to deliberately and with malice tries to scam people out of their money.
Moogleknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #299
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogleknight View Post
Is it though? I've never encountered any other merchant in this industry with as unreliable a supply chain as NMC's.
Sorry, what I meant was that the unreliable supply chain is HIS problem. And he needs to sort it out. But that he only makes it worse by being the world's biggest asshole.
I'm not discounting the idea that it all might be a scam though. His issues are so wide spread that there does seem to be something fishy going on
Old 04-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #300
Scenario
Generation 1

I am considering contacting Visa to see if they can do a credit card chargeback for items not delivered from an online purchase. I may be too late due to the length of time since my purchase. Has this worked for anyone because of dealings with NMC? Would love some insight/feedback.
Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote