Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-27-2021, 06:35 PM   #121
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I'm not here to defend him
Are you sure? Because that's what you just did.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime

Last edited by TRUCKvsGUN; 01-27-2021 at 06:38 PM.
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:59 PM   #122
Icetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The problems with this store started long before covid.

As for being polite --- yes, of course. Shop owner never seemed to get that memo.
Lol I didn't see that post, he/they were pretty polite in emails with me.

I got my orders shipped to me like a week or so ago. Combined was 2 orders from their old site and 2 from their new site.

I bought the Soundwave patrol set from them, preordered late last year before they upgraded their site. Also preordered some Marvel Legends, one was preordered from their old site.

I preordered 2 things from their new site, and cancelled one item. I asked them if I can get credit and buy something else, they processed in a few days and I bought the new item no issues.

I read some of the issues with them, but it was kind of like a typical small local/online store experience. I'm not against shopping with them again but I wouldn't go with them for my first choice - I really just wanted the Soundwave micromasters.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:59 PM   #123
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Sideshow has their NRD when you order as well. Sometimes they make concessions, like first time buyer or if an item is 3 months past expected release date or something like that, but generally, you cancel, they keep that NRD that you would accept their terms to.

I'm not here to defend him but I understand his point of view as well. I could understand if he 100% knew an item isn't coming in to do full refund, but if eventually it is, again, you agree to the terms of his site when you purchase, so that's also on the buyer.
Yeah, a lot of stores have the non-refundable deposit on certain high-priced items. But 3 months past the original date is pretty standard and understandable. We're talking like 6 to 8 months (or more) from this store for delays. Then when you contact them asking what's going, the only reply you get is "shit happens". Also Sideshow just sells a few types of figures. NMC has multiple figures provided by multiple distributors that have overdue delays. Something weird is definitely going on when so many of the figures have delays (and other small stores have received their shipments of the same figures).

Also for the terms of agreement, the site says that there are certain circumstances where a full refund could be issued. I think not providing the good to the customer in a reasonable amount of time counts as one of the circumstances.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 01-27-2021 at 09:02 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:19 AM   #124
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The problems with this store started long before covid.

As for being polite --- yes, of course. Shop owner never seemed to get that memo.
Does not sound like a person who should be running a business like this. Customers are going to have questions. Some are going to be legit. Some are going to be dumb.

If they can't grin and bear it, they probably shouldn't be in a business that requires interactions with customers.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #125
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Does not sound like a person who should be running a business like this. Customers are going to have questions. Some are going to be legit. Some are going to be dumb.

If they can't grin and bear it, they probably shouldn't be in a business that requires interactions with customers.
I feel like this store is more of a fraud than anything. Some people are waiting over 10 months for their fully paid preorders, I wonder how many preorder items the store listed but did not actually order the item and collected the preorder payments with no intention to deliver whatsoever. There goes my $100 bucks.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:49 PM   #126
RodimusRocks
Machine War

So I'm now worried about my Kingdom pre-orders, I ordered the first wave when they went up because I wasn't familiar with the likes of ToySnowman or others yet. I e-mailed and the response was just "who knows when it will come, we don't" while every other retailer, including smaller independent stores have gotten product and currently have it in stock.

Now granted, stuff in stock is not a problem, I bought a few things during Boxing Day and got them with no issue. But when it comes to pre-orders NMC for whatever reason is just so behind everyone else.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:11 PM   #127
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Can imagine how easy it would be to fall into a cycle where you collect the funds, spend them elsewhere and then have to wait until you receive more funds to order in the product you owe.

Perpetuating the cycle over and over.

Like a toy robot ponzi scheme.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #128
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
So I'm now worried about my Kingdom pre-orders, I ordered the first wave when they went up because I wasn't familiar with the likes of ToySnowman or others yet. I e-mailed and the response was just "who knows when it will come, we don't" while every other retailer, including smaller independent stores have gotten product and currently have it in stock.

Now granted, stuff in stock is not a problem, I bought a few things during Boxing Day and got them with no issue. But when it comes to pre-orders NMC for whatever reason is just so behind everyone else.
That's what bothered me without rehashing the whole thing. I was literally walking into local small shops and seeing red swoops and ricochet shelf warming. Other small shops got their orders. It doesn't add up. If it was Hasbro distribution or other it would affect far more small shops.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #129
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Can imagine how easy it would be to fall into a cycle where you collect the funds, spend them elsewhere and then have to wait until you receive more funds to order in the product you owe.

This is the greatest thing ever.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:52 PM   #130
TRUCKvsGUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post

Now, we don't know that this is what's happening, but it's exactly what went through my mind when I was waiting for preorders.

There is the potential for exploitative business practices here, so I am asking the mods to allow this thread to remain active, so that collectors can be warned.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote