Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
shabooya
Banned
Re: What's with this community...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
A lot of people here are too sensitive about a lot of things, and like everyone to know. Their feelings get hurt when someone prices something higher than they feel is fair so they need to right that wrong by public shaming... and they're protected by the blanket of the internets so they don't even have to deal with the face to face part of it.
I'll be willing to bet most of what's said in these cases wouldn't be said in person...
Ask CBII and STI 2NV... Anything I say on here, I'd say to someone's face with a big smile on my face.

Why so sensitive people? IT'S THE INETERNET... expect people to voice any stupid comment that comes to their head, and then just ignore it and move on.

Our forefathers would be so ashamed of us... They had real life problems... Like War, small pox, bears, forest fires... Problems complained about today: "He's trolling!!!" or "HEY SCALPER... WHY DON'T YOU GO SCALP SOMEWHERE ELSE.... STUPID SCALPER....YEAH!!!!"
lol if War happens we're so f*cked....
So very true.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I'm not making this personal. I'm just trying to point out that not everyone is shooting flames at you. It's a community. People will want to help you and people will want to bitch at you. Listen or ignore as you like but try to lend an ear to people that want to help you constructively. You've been singled out so your back is up and that's unfortunate. Get through this and learn something for next time.

So to boil this all down to the essentials:
Are your prices high? Yes.

Is it anyone else's business that your prices are high other than yours? No.
I fail to see how I've been singled out?
Can you please explain this comment to me?
I've already mentioned it once, this isnt something limited to 1 or 2 posts.

It'd endemic to this site.

I don't want to make this personal, I think this topic is worthy of discussion without having to single out somebody.

Last edited by shabooya; 03-18-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #33
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohkuhl View Post
I would assume this portion of your post is in reference to my sales thread...
It is.
Ive made you an offer, you didn't accept and we left it at that.

I think you're price is high, you think my offer is low.
We left it at that, nobody got flamed on...I only offered it as an example as it's a recent one for me.
It pissed me off because I want that figure but I have a price in mind that I can live with and it's too low for you and you don't owe me any favors.

IME, that's the way it should be...

Or should I have blown up your for sale thread because I feel you're asking "ebay prices"?

Last edited by shabooya; 03-18-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #34
Foxw
Founder of BFC group

the following comments are those of the poster, and does not reflect those of anyone else but the poster

okay, first off, dramatic's aside, there has been a lot of equally valid points made.

1. a free economy works based on fact that anyone can sell x item for what every they want. if anyone buys it is up to the consumer.

2. since the demise of publications like toyfair and their monthly/bi-monthly price index, there is no comprehensive source for "value". As such many members, who feel they have a feel for a pieces "average value" tend to speak out in what they feel is justified to warn fellow members from what they feel is overly inflated prices.

They do this to try and avoid the inflation rate ebay sees regularly. as most often when one guys sells x bot for z price, most others not 'clearing house' will to. the best method imho would be to add a semi regular updated DB on site here acting as a fair price guide.

and by "fair price" i mean a derived value based on sold prices over a set timeframe, polling numerous info streams, ie, here, tfw, ebay,etc. shmax already does this, polling i believe 3 or 4 auction sites and also polling member data on what they paid to define classic low to high value data.

3. A LOT of people in todays society have forgotten a simple truth.

"one viewpoint is only as valid as the other". if your correct, then so's the other guy.

i don't always agree with what some people say, but they have the right to speak thier mind (within the site rules o'course), to voice thier opinion as much as i do mine.

but i still don't think my pov is anymore valid then anyone elses.

I bid all a good day.

/exit soapbox
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #35
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxw View Post
the following comments are those of the poster, and does not reflect those of anyone else but the poster

okay, first off, dramatic's aside, there has been a lot of equally valid points made.

1. a free economy works based on fact that anyone can sell x item for what every they want. if anyone buys it is up to the consumer.

2. since the demise of publications like toyfair and their monthly/bi-monthly price index, there is no comprehensive source for "value". As such many members, who feel they have a feel for a pieces "average value" tend to speak out in what they feel is justified to warn fellow members from what they feel is overly inflated prices.

They do this to try and avoid the inflation rate ebay sees regularly. as most often when one guys sells x bot for z price, most others not 'clearing house' will to. the best method imho would be to add a semi regular updated DB on site here acting as a fair price guide.

and by "fair price" i mean a derived value based on sold prices over a set timeframe, polling numerous info streams, ie, here, tfw, ebay,etc. shmax already does this, polling i believe 3 or 4 auction sites and also polling member data on what they paid to define classic low to high value data.

3. A LOT of people in todays society have forgotten a simple truth.

"one viewpoint is only as valid as the other". if your correct, then so's the other guy.

i don't always agree with what some people say, but they have the right to speak thier mind (within the site rules o'course), to voice thier opinion as much as i do mine.

but i still don't think my pov is anymore valid then anyone elses.

I bid all a good day.

/exit soapbox
Well said.
Can't agree with everyone always being correct...
but the rest makes a lot of sense.

would pay to have access to the pricing DB you've laid out.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
Window
Robot Master

Everyone is correct when it comes to opinions because opinions are personal, that is what FoxW is getting at there Shabooya.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #37
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Sorry but what are you looking for?

You do a thread talking about posting "ridiculously out to lunch" prices, highlighting them and calling them ridiculously out to lunch. Next you do a thread complaining about people commenting on high pricing???

You honestly don't see the hypocrisy coming from you by starting one thread and then complaining about what you started a thread about in the next thread you start????

In regards to this thread topic (not directed at you Shabooya, but a general comment):

Don't like the price, don't buy. Feel you should make a comment to the person selling for whatever reason? Probably best to just keep quiet.
I agree with you.
However, I think if you read the "ridiculously out to lunch" thread, you'll see we're talking about extreme cases, not "ebay prices" but extreme examples of over pricing...ones we can all agree are off base.

192 for a loose ROTF Jetfire or 500 for a MISB 20th ann. MP Prime for example.

Hypocritical in general on the surface perhaps, but not specifically if you take them time to actually read what the two threads are really about.

Just dismissing this discussion because of perceived hypocrisy is the easy thing to do...maybe even the fun thing...it's just not the intelligent one.

And again, even the op says not to flame on anyone on site...why?

Because as a group, we should all be better than that.

Last edited by shabooya; 03-18-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #38
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
It is.
Ive made you an offer, you didn't accept and we left it at that.

I think you're price is high, you think my offer is low.
We left it at that, nobody got flamed on...I only offered it as an example as it's a recent one for me.
It pissed me off because I want that figure but I have a price in mind that I can live with and it's too low for you and you don't owe me any favors.

IME, that's the way it should be...

Or should I have blown up your for sale thread because I feel you're asking "ebay prices"?
Doesn't that feel better?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #39
shabooya
Banned

to who?
I think it would make me look petty...it would sure make me FEEL petty.

I can disagree with your asking price, but certainly not your right to ask it...

Still, why is it okay for you to ask for double retail on this item but if someone tries to sell an MP10 for double retail (which we've all seen it sell at), it brings out the worst in some people?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
Pascal
Banned

When you guys say MP-10, you mean the Hasbro version, right? Because I'm pretty sure the true Takara MP-10 was selling for something like $250 before shipping when it came out.
Closed Thread