Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-29-2019, 07:08 PM   #11
joelones
Beast Machine
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Or maybe they are just very passionate about this project and really want it made....but probably what you said. Considering the Q&A said "No" to a time extension, this seems like they either thought it would easily make the mark and started pre-production or already did and making it sound like 38 days more time is a special change. Either way, he is more likely to get made now but wouldnt it be funny if he still fails to meet the mark?
True, it could already be in pre-production and if anything, it's now time to recoup all initial costs (R&D/Marketing/Production moulds) for this otherwise glorified overpriced titan class figure and then some. Profit on this one is gonna be nice; Direct-to-Consumer, committed orders and cash-on-hand - I'd bet they wish every titan class release was like this. Lest we forget, HasTak's prime mandate is to maximize profits and increase shareholder wealth, passion for the project/fanbase is secondary to that.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:42 PM   #12
Pascal
Banned

People insisting on calling this a Titan Class figure are plain stupid. There, I said it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:28 PM   #13
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
People insisting on calling this a Titan Class figure are plain stupid. There, I said it.
I agree...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #14
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Not sure I understand why people are laughing? Clearly Hasbro wants this project made, and this extension gives a chance to a whole new group of people. Good for them! I still can't afford it, but I am happy for those who can.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #15
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

I'm disappointed. If they are going to do it like this they should say "production will begin when we reach our goal". This defeats the purpose of time limited especially when they extend it by so long. If it was a couple of days, ok, fine, but this is by a month. They should have cancelled it and repost it with a different price or more stuff, like a better looking galvatron
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:27 PM   #16
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I dont disagree. Titan class figures are still somewhat basic. I mean Fort Max and Metroplex, while look cool, are still kind of a joke compared to this Unicron. Unicron is certainly a well more crafted looking figure, panel former or not, but he is a different class than Fort Max, Metro, Devestator, Trypticon and not even owning Omega I will say it as well. 3rd party figures have better looking Omega's.
Still, price on Unicron is still to high, especially with lack of lights or sounds (lights for eyes would have been an amazing addition)
He's a titan, but not titan class like the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Not sure I understand why people are laughing? Clearly Hasbro wants this project made
I'm only laughing because a week and a half ago the Q&A was very insistent that no extension was gonna happen. I mean they were barely at 2K at that point but still.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:49 PM   #17
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Not sure I understand why people are laughing? Clearly Hasbro wants this project made, and this extension gives a chance to a whole new group of people. Good for them! I still can't afford it, but I am happy for those who can.
True, or they're hoping for more than 8,000 backers.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:00 PM   #18
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

In any case I think they were betting on it getting made. Odds are it's already going into preproduction at this stage. After all, they've gotta go through the expensive/timeconsuming process of getting steel molds made/factory time allotted, and given how much gets manufactured they probably have to plan that out pretty far in advance.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:06 PM   #19
Pgianos
Banned

So does that mean all of you that said "if I had more time I could have saved up for it" are going to back it now?
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:12 PM   #20
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
So does that mean all of you that said "if I had more time I could have saved up for it" are going to back it now?
LOL

As Hasbro isn't bound by the rules of actual Kickstarter, they do have the right to extend it. I'm sure there's a point of no return... it's also a work in progress for them. The danger of doing an extension is that now with projects, folks on the edge are going to say "eh, they'll extend it if it gets close enough, I can save longer."

The main reason I wager they extended is simply: they got 5000 out of 8000 backers. that's around 63%. If they were at 2000-3000, they probably don't extend.

It's pretty much guaranteed now. It does offer some weird glimpses of the future or why they even bother to set a deadline. They're not bound by the rules of some other crowdfunding site, they can do what they want. *shrugs* not my bag.

Ultimately, if they fail to take away lessons from Cookie and Unicron, they're dumber than I thought. They handled this entire model and campaign so poorly.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote