Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #31
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Unofficial Photographic Archive vol 1 and 2

No price yet, we're doing our best to make it a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
What does this statement mean "US, European and Japanese G1 Transformers"?

But does it also include Takara MPs of these G1 characters, or is it exclusive to only the original vintage G1 toys?

Just wanted clarification...
Europe and Japan didn't go the with the same G1 we did. There's hundreds of exclusive transformers that the USA didn't get, likewise, there's a few that they didn't get.

No, MPs are not going to be in there, since the line is still going, there's no point in making a guide or book about them until it's over, as by the time we print, we'd be obsolete.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #32
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Brr-icy, any chance of getting some of the more unusual Encore colour variants in there like Guardian, anime Astrotrain and Bluestreak, Shattered Glass Soundwave vs Blaster, Electrum Jazz and such? Not in the main continuity, but maybe in a separate bonus section of the second book. The Encore line, although not original G1, was so unique and smart with their repaint homages. It's unfortunate the line is now dead. Maybe this book can help keep their memory alive. There were some really cool cassettes repaints in that and other lines too.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #33
zackmak
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Brr-icy, any chance of getting some of the more unusual Encore colour variants in there like Guardian, anime Astrotrain and Bluestreak, Shattered Glass Soundwave vs Blaster, Electrum Jazz and such? Not in the main continuity, but maybe in a separate bonus section of the second book. The Encore line, although not original G1, was so unique and smart with their repaint homages. It's unfortunate the line is now dead. Maybe this book can help keep their memory alive. There were some really cool cassettes repaints in that and other lines too.
Speaking of the 'Encore' line, what about putting all the G1 re-issues into the 1st or 2nd Vol? Everything from Hasbro (i.e. Commemorative Series, Generations, etc.) and Takara (i.e. TFC, Encore, etc.). It's actually pretty extensive, so I can see it being a big job. And it can have, in point form, all the differences from the original version.

Having a market value listed would also be useful.
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #34
brr-icy
G1 Collector

The 1st and 2nd books are purely vintage figures and we'd like to keep them that way. Tracking down all the reissues would be a massive undertaking as none of us goes out of our way to collect reissues, I've actually gone out of my way to get rid of reissues lol, and the pics are of pieces from our collections. I would have to go with no on them being included in these two books.

We kept the covers encyclopedia-like so that we can make separate books for other series and toy-lines down the line, so we'll take it into consideration for a future book, but not for these as we want to get these two out in the next six months or so. The delay to acquiring all of the reissues, photographing them and making more pages would probably put the books off until 2019 or so.

my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
Old 05-21-2017, 11:53 PM   #35
RageD
Energon

There was a similar idea awhile back. The Transmanuals. Not as nice as your book, but very similar in nature.

Looking forward to seeing where this project goes.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:25 AM   #36
TRUCKvsGUN

@brr-icy

I wouldn't expect you to include reissues and stuff (and wouldn't personally be interested in them anyway), but maybe just making note of reissues within each G1 entry would be desirable for some, with minimal work on the team's part.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #37
zackmak
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
@brr-icy

I wouldn't expect you to include reissues and stuff (and wouldn't personally be interested in them anyway), but maybe just making note of reissues within each G1 entry would be desirable for some, with minimal work on the team's part.
That's a good alternate idea. Merely listing the Hasbro and Takara reissues (along with the differences between the original) would make for a great extension of G1 vintage figure timeline.
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #38
grizzly519
Alternator

Will all the variant accessiories be mentioned(g1 op bloated gas pump,seeker hands,Ultra magnus painted/unpainted face,etc.)?Will the variant g1ers themselves(Cyclonus,metal vs. plastic combiners/figures,pre-rub vs.rub etc.)be mentioned?I'm totally down for a set regardless of answers but just curious none the less.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #39
brr-icy
G1 Collector

There will be a lot of the major variants listed and shown, some like the metal vs plastic ones will just be mentioned in a blanket statement instead of shown. We're not striving for a complete variant list or anything since we have Fred's workshop. Just some cool rare versions of pieces.

my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW

Last edited by brr-icy; 05-27-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #40
grizzly519
Alternator

Having the variant figures and parts mentioned is still cool.if possible try to do preorders for sale at TFCon with extras to sell to non board members that might want it . depending on the price you'll probably sell every one .