Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2019, 07:10 AM   #11
Powered Convoy
1984
Powered Convoy's Ebay Auctions
Powered Convoy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 121
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pran View Post
Is it just me, or is Springer just not a fun toy. The modes all look great, the colors are wonderful, and he is a great representation of the character. The issue I have is the transformation. I just can't seem to get each of the modes to line up without having to fuss with him. It feels like i'm trying to fight the toy, rather then enjoying the transformation. What do you guys think? Great toy, with bad transformation? Like i honestly couldn't see a child of 8+ have any luck transforming this toy.
Phew! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way...☺️
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
MapleMegatron
Animated
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,909
Re: Siege Springer

I havent been able to find that toy and purchase it yet so I can't chime in but I do find it super odd that his transformation is annoying/tough when from the look of it, the transformation seems super simple, especially when there is little change from one alt mode to the next.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #13
Ozrein
Stunticon
Ozrein's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,914
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
You know what.. to some, that's insulting.

Some of us have been probably transforming robots since before a LOT of members were even born, and for myself in the last 40+ years, I believe that I've only hit a couple of transformers that proved to be a challenge simply because they are simple not intuitive at all.

This figure is one of them. It's not about how he transforms, but how every part needs to be exactly aligned for it to transform correctly.

Maybe some are faulty and have tighter joints or such than others, maybe you're mistransforming him and not even noticing... but in all of the Siege line, he is by far the longest one to transform and the most finicky.

If you're not having issues, then good for you, but assuming what you stated, just not cool.
Well, Iím sorry youíre insulted by my comment.

I find the fun of transformers is figuring out their transformation. I very rarely use instructions and I never look at videos (unless itís a figure Iím not getting, just so I can see how it transforms). The puzzle is the best part of transformers (for me, in my opinion).

Springer was incredibly intuitive, for me. Everything had a spot to go and everything lined up exactly as it was supposed to, it just took a bit of time to sort out where and what. Now that Iíve figured him out, I can flip between modes quickly.

Heís definitely a favourite of mine.
__________________
*There used to be wonderful artwork of Menasor here, alas that is no longer the case. Thanks Photobucket!!
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #14
imfallenangel
Robot in Disguise
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 584
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Well, I’m sorry you’re insulted by my comment.

I find the fun of transformers is figuring out their transformation. I very rarely use instructions and I never look at videos (unless it’s a figure I’m not getting, just so I can see how it transforms). The puzzle is the best part of transformers (for me, in my opinion).

Springer was incredibly intuitive, for me. Everything had a spot to go and everything lined up exactly as it was supposed to, it just took a bit of time to sort out where and what. Now that I’ve figured him out, I can flip between modes quickly.

He’s definitely a favourite of mine.
And I'm sure that most members would say the exact same thing when it comes to the transformation of most figures, it's nothing special...

For myself, I don't bother with the instructions because to me, they are impossible to read/view well in the bland back and grey monochrone print that they've been doing for the last few years... and with close to 99% of the figures I get, there is absolutely no issue in figuring it out, but I will watch reviews to see how others view the figures and in case I might have missed something as I don't assume that I can't miss something.. heck, with Siege Prime, I never noticed the folding section in the legs for the extra 5mm port that could be used for a trailer until much later simply because it's well hidden.


And again, some are challenging enough to require a viewing to see what we miss to get it done... nothing special there either.

It's good for you if you have one that you don't appear to have the same difficulties that many have had, as maybe your figure has looser pins and such or put together better at the manufacturing level than others may have been. I have a few multiple of some figures and I do have some that one of them is perfect, it snaps well and everything aligns, while another of the exact same figure refuses to snap correctly so some parts are misaligned. Considering that we are taking micrometers' worth of difference with a used mold or just a pin that went it just a tiny bit off (my 30G Sandstorm's arm has a pin that very crocked, and while it still transforms and moves correctly, it doesn't snap perfectly like the other arm). My Siege Ironhide refuses to close the back panels of the truck's back (the legs) simply of a tiny issue with the mold that I can't locate to try and correct by either cutting or grinding a part (which I already tried a few spots).

Same with Ultra Magnus, his shoulder sections, the grey piece will snap perfectly for some, mine didn't at all, I could NOT snap them locked so they'd fall off, so I very gently sanded the tabs until they finally did close and lock the parts in place (which makes a world of difference).

So again I'll repeat as you seem to have missed reading that part: the OP and many comments are NOT about how to transform it, but that it requires to be very specific about alignment of some part as otherwise it doesn't snap together properly. That is confirmed by several members including myself and I would not assume anything about their skills at transforming their figures as you did.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 08-12-2019 at 03:41 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #15
Ozrein
Stunticon
Ozrein's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,914
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
And I'm sure that most members would say the exact same thing when it comes to the transformation of most figures, it's nothing special...

For myself, I don't bother with the instructions because to me, they are impossible to read/view well in the bland back and grey monochrone print that they've been doing for the last few years... and with close to 99% of the figures I get, there is absolutely no issue in figuring it out, but I will watch reviews to see how others view the figures and in case I might have missed something as I don't assume that I can't miss something.. heck, with Siege Prime, I never noticed the folding section in the legs for the extra 5mm port that could be used for a trailer until much later simply because it's well hidden.


And again, some are challenging enough to require a viewing to see what we miss to get it done... nothing special there either.

It's good for you if you have one that you don't appear to have the same difficulties that many have had, as maybe your figure has looser pins and such or put together better at the manufacturing level than others may have been. I have a few multiple of some figures and I do have some that one of them is perfect, it snaps well and everything aligns, while another of the exact same figure refuses to snap correctly so some parts are misaligned. Considering that we are taking micrometers' worth of difference with a used mold or just a pin that went it just a tiny bit off (my 30G Sandstorm's arm has a pin that very crocked, and while it still transforms and moves correctly, it doesn't snap perfectly like the other arm). My Siege Ironhide refuses to close the back panels of the truck's back (the legs) simply of a tiny issue with the mold that I can't locate to try and correct by either cutting or grinding a part (which I already tried a few spots).

Same with Ultra Magnus, his shoulder sections, the grey piece will snap perfectly for some, mine didn't at all, I could NOT snap them locked so they'd fall off, so I very gently sanded the tabs until they finally did close and lock the parts in place (which makes a world of difference).

So again I'll repeat as you seem to have missed reading that part: the OP and many comments are NOT about how to transform it, but that it requires to be very specific about alignment of some part as otherwise it doesn't snap together properly. That is confirmed by several members including myself and I would not assume anything about their skills at transforming their figures at you did.
Again, sorry if my post offended you. It was not the intent, but apparently my wording was taken in a way that could be deemed offensive.
__________________
*There used to be wonderful artwork of Menasor here, alas that is no longer the case. Thanks Photobucket!!
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
tz101
Machine War
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 263
Re: Siege Springer

not here to stir the pot but I dont understand why anyone would feel the need to apologize for having a different opinion

no one insulted your transfomer skills and if you dont like the toy return it to the store imo
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #17
chico82
Generation 1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 42
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz101 View Post
not here to stir the pot but I dont understand why anyone would feel the need to apologize for having a different opinion

no one insulted your transfomer skills and if you dont like the toy return it to the store imo
I agree with this 100%. No need to apologize at all especially to someone who seems so fragile and goes on such a misconstrued diatribe for something as trivial as how to and how not to play with a toy.

If you're really that "insulted" because someone voiced their opinion and said that his experience transforming the toy was a lot more positive than yours then keep in mind that he could have equally turned your argument against you and busted your balls for having such a hard time.

With all of that said, let's all enjoy our hobby and not be such Snowflakes when someone disagrees your opinion. Otherwise, go back to the North Pole and cover yourself in bubble-wrap.
chico82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #18
Pascal
Iron Pasc
Pascal's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,483
Re: Siege Springer

https://youtu.be/E39WWj_RpBc?t=5
__________________
My BST list is HERE.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #19
imfallenangel
Robot in Disguise
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 584
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico82 View Post
I agree with this 100%. No need to apologize at all especially to someone who seems so fragile and goes on such a misconstrued diatribe for something as trivial as how to and how not to play with a toy.

If you're really that "insulted" because someone voiced their opinion and said that his experience transforming the toy was a lot more positive than yours then keep in mind that he could have equally turned your argument against you and busted your balls for having such a hard time.

With all of that said, let's all enjoy our hobby and not be such Snowflakes when someone disagrees your opinion. Otherwise, go back to the North Pole and cover yourself in bubble-wrap.
It's nothing about being snowflakes or such, nor about opinion about the figure...

I just don't agree with the part " if youíre experienced with TFs,".

I find this insulting to the OP to everyone that finds that this figure requires to be perfectly aligned to snap properly together.

I refuse to assume that everyone that is stating that this particular figure is difficult doesn't have "experience".

Come on... that was absolutely no need for something that comes off like that... turning this in a contest of skills.... really?

A simple, "I have no trouble and enjoy the figure." would be more than enough, there was no need to go in that direction.

Thats it... this shouldn't have escalated beyond that.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:56 PM   #20
tz101
Machine War
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 263
Re: Siege Springer

I have far less transformering ability than you and feel insulted by your need to be agreeable
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping





Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Transformers on eBay.ca!
Transformers
Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade
Transformers
VINTAGE LOT 1990s HASBRO? TAKARA? LASER BEASTS ACTION FIGURES BATTLE WEAPONS GUN
Transformers
Transformers WFC-S27 Decepticon Phantomstrike 4 pack (Siege Skywarp)
Transformers
Transformers Siege War for Cybertron - Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron MIB
Transformers
Transformers Masterpiece Ratchet MISB Authentic

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.