Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
purple-bot
Yeah, I made that.
Halo Mega Bloks Quality Control issues?

Recently got into collecting the halo minifig blind packs. Found all three waves at a real canadian superstore in st.catharines. then just started buyin some bigger sets.

But i have an issue, i just bought the red UNSC Troop transport Warthog. spend a few hours making the simple 165 piece set, leaving occasionally to do some house work. Only to find that one of the minifigs HAS 2 LEFT LEGS!!!

F*ckin BW transmutate setup LOL

normally i wouldnt complain, but this is the second of this set that ive bought, i returned the last one because it came with 3 of the 4 tires. and i was iffy about getting another one. but than i thought, if it happened to me once, it wont happen again. i was wrong. i mainly collect them for the minifigs themselves, but just wanted to build something again, and i cant go back to lego now, not after minifigs with elbows and knees, and all the ball joints.

so i have to wait until monday to call their customer service. i hear good things about it. but i dont want to return this set again. not looking forward to building another one

that was my rant

anyone else had any issues with halo megabloks?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
CyberMnky
Animated
Re: Halo Mega Bloks Quality Control issues?

I haven't bought very many but I've never had that kind of problem.. For that matter - Megablocks in general i thought were decent.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Halo Mega Bloks Quality Control issues?

I've noticed in general that MegaBlocks don't have the greatest quality control for any of their products stretching all the way back to the early and mid 90s.

Missing/sloppy paint applications, plastic flash still on bricks, "same colour" bricks having different colours while coming in the same set, stress marks after assembly, mispacked, short packed, and over packed parts in sets, inferior paint and plastic, the list goes on and on and on.

The lower quality control is how MegaBlocks could compete with Lego in the beginning, and they just never really upped it all that much since then.

Their licensed products usually have a bit higher quality control than their non-licensed stuff, though.

I mean, Lego's high price is because the company is very picky about quality control. Due to pressure from other brick brands (MegaBlocks in particular), they've had to lower their quality standards to cut a portion of their costs in order to actually stay on the market. If it weren't for Lego attaching itself to Star Wars so long ago and continuing with it, we probably wouldn't see it in stores this side of the Atlantic anymore.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote