Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 04-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #41
Pascal
Banned
Re: Transformer: The Last Knight Movie Premeir Figures Released At Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
did you read what I wrote? Deluxes, voyager and leaders.

All of them. They are all Premier Edition. please show me any toy revealed from that class which isnt.

All deluxes will be $30 and all voyagers will be $40

The leaders arent out till after the movie gets released so how in the world could it be a preview line? hasbro released the MSRPs that apply to the whole line.

Please show me otherwise.
Get off your high horse man, Pascal will be in denial all he wants! lol
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #42
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformer: The Last Knight Movie Premeir Figures Released At Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Maverick View Post
Considering I picked up the last wave of AOE deluxes at $5, I think I'm going to pass
Where did you get them for 5$ a piece? The lat time deluxes were 5 $ for me were those Beast Hunter deluxes at Walmart. Fun times.
MapleMegatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #43
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Transformer: The Last Knight Movie Premier Figures Released At Retail

I just hope that if this line tanks, Hasbro realize its because of the huge price hike and not "oh adults don't want Transformers anymore". Urg.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #44
Wheelwave
Cybertron

I have one question to those who won't pay that price. I believe the reason is because of the Canadian Dollar. Basically TLK Deluxes are $20 down there. $20 USD to practically $30 CAD. So we are paying the Canadian price. Look at it this way, How is something that is now $10 more any different than paying a MP Megatron for $300 CAD when people expect to pay the $230 USD price?

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:20 PM   #45
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
I have one question to those who won't pay that price. I believe the reason is because of the Canadian Dollar. Basically TLK Deluxes are $20 down there. $20 USD to practically $30 CAD. So we are paying the Canadian price. Look at it this way, How is something that is now $10 more any different than paying a MP Megatron for $300 CAD when people expect to pay the $230 USD price?
The problem with your argument is that regular retail for TR deluxes are $19.99 and $24.99 (US) for Voyagers at Toys R Us in the states. While here it is $19.99 & $29.99. Which is clearly not based on the exchange rate.

So there clearly will be some discrepancy with the new releases based on exchange rates, but I can't see how the discrepancy can be so little for TR but much larger for TLK. Unless they also raise the prices in the US to $25/$30 for deluxes/voyagers.

Either way I can't see me buying much from this line at those prices.

As for your MP comparison, the difference is vast. First, we can't get most MPs at retail, or at all it seems anymore. So we are forced to get them through middlemen or direct from overseas which results in higher costs for lower quantities ordered (plus exchange and shipping). Although TRU did a great job of overcharging for their last few MPs that it wasn't worth paying for them at retail. (Except.for the seekers which were fairly reasonable)

Second, you can't really compare a line devoted solely to the adult collector, which exists to provide the most accurate, as possible, representation of characters from a set of shows whose fans are now in their 30s-40s. Versus a mass retail line for a Blockbuster film franchise that has a global audience and also attempts to market to kids as much as adults. That is like comparing Marvel Legends to Hot Toys. Vastly different target markets and spending power/priorities.

Last edited by canprime; 04-10-2017 at 10:25 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #46
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
As Canprime says there are vast differences, however there's also this little thing in Economics called perception.

The perceived value of a Deluxe transformer is based solely on the buying power of our income. If our income's buying power is lessened due to an increase, so instead of three deluxes for 60$ we can now only buy two, we are going to seriously start focusing our efforts on other lines or other things that take priority due to the perceived buying power of our dollar.

For 30$ I can get a pretty decent looking LEGO set from any number of Themes, especially during clearance sales.

I can get a great deal at Wal-Mart on Star Wars 3 3/4' figures or Summer Blow-Out DVD/Blu-Ray offerings. I can get a decent RPG video game that offers hours of value for that price.

Deluxes are currently priced at 20$, that is a fairly acceptable value for the product, especially when they have sales like now where you can get it for 14$ and change at TRU with 25% off. 25% off 30$ basically makes it 24$ which is not a good deal even on sale, and just does not equal good value for my money.

I'm not buying 30$ deluxes no matter what they add, even if they make super articulated artistic elements of engineering the likes of Binaltech or Alternity, which these figures are definitely not.

As far as the 300$ comparison for MP Megatron, that's a huge difference. MP figures rarely lose value, most main line deluxes barely resell for the asking price and some of them you have to get rid of at discount. I'm not saying these are re-sale type situations, figures are for opening and enjoying not financing things, but there's a huge increase in value for an MP figure because it's mostly import or go without. And MP are the ultimate G1 representations of the characters we've always wanted.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:34 PM   #47
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Well, next time someone sees them at toysrus, can they pick up a SKU for both sizes?

Nothing
Old 04-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #48
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
One question for you, do you shop at the dollar store, or the 1.40 dollar store?

Its not like our sallaries jumped with the exchange. Hasbro Canada has its own independent system to adhere to the canadian market, and hasbro has futures in place to control fluctuating currencies. Ever go to a McDonalds in south east asia? Its the same food for half the price because they know that if they were charging the same amount as here, exchange wise, no one could afford to eat there.
MapleMegatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:50 AM   #49
Wheelwave
Cybertron

I get the message now.

Just that some people who do want to get them on sale, (Besides half prices sales, which probably only happen when clearing out) I think the most I've seen is 25% off sales. It may be good for Voyagers, but I don't know about Deluxes.

Nothing
Old 04-11-2017, 04:28 AM   #50
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The problem with your argument is that regular retail for TR deluxes are $19.99 and $24.99 (US) for Voyagers at Toys R Us in the states. While here it is $19.99 & $29.99. Which is clearly not based on the exchange rate.

So there clearly will be some discrepancy with the new releases based on exchange rates, but I can't see how the discrepancy can be so little for TR but much larger for TLK. Unless they also raise the prices in the US to $25/$30 for deluxes/voyagers.

Either way I can't see me buying much from this line at those prices.

As for your MP comparison, the difference is vast. First, we can't get most MPs at retail, or at all it seems anymore. So we are forced to get them through middlemen or direct from overseas which results in higher costs for lower quantities ordered (plus exchange and shipping). Although TRU did a great job of overcharging for their last few MPs that it wasn't worth paying for them at retail. (Except.for the seekers which were fairly reasonable)

Second, you can't really compare a line devoted solely to the adult collector, which exists to provide the most accurate, as possible, representation of characters from a set of shows whose fans are now in their 30s-40s. Versus a mass retail line for a Blockbuster film franchise that has a global audience and also attempts to market to kids as much as adults. That is like comparing Marvel Legends to Hot Toys. Vastly different target markets and spending power/priorities.
I disagree I bought an official gold Megatron for complete no box mind you for$ 95 shipped and
From Lena she us a good source
I wait till she gets the mp36 with out box complete
Or when TF direct GETS THE KO.
BUT YEAH THOSE DELUXES AND VOYAGERS ARE RIDICULOUS PRICES almost as bad as walls of bumblebees.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote