Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #41
Z_Unit
Robot in Disguise
Re: 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime on Sale at Toys "R" Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Hmm what sites have the Encores for under $70? I could use the 25th as a 'play with' Prime, technically.
In your case the easiest way is to take a nice drive to Jay's Clock and pay only $69.99 CDN for it. Buy a lifetime membership for $15 and you'll get 10% off all your purchases too! Give them a call first so they can save one for ya.

http://www.jaysclock.com/Store/catal...roducts_id=135
Z_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #42
Icetron

Wow, I didn't know they had them. Will definitely check with them when I decide to get one. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #43
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
I'm just curious, is it really that bad? I think he looks decent, and for $30, with the package+contents having a decent weight is a fair deal.

Then again, I'm a guy that bought the 20th DVD Prime and was fine with that.

imo I just don't think it's worth it to pay $50-80 for a reissue, but maybe it's just me since I never grew up with a G1 Prime in the first place but I do understand why people are annoyed at the colour 'lightening'.

(No I'm not colourblind...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
Its not a bad figure overall. Sure, it has some odd features but overall $30 is an excellent deal for a reissue Prime. Worth the money imo.

And he's not pink, its just a really different red than we are used to. I currently have the New Year's Prime - and that's it for G1 Prime. I will pick this 25th version up tomorrow.

A "play with" version is a good idea. Since G1 Prime is so delicate to begin with...the price is right for the 25th...
He really is that bad. I foolishly opened the one I was given as a gift and was faced with nothing but disappointment. He is a weird pink/red/orange color (in any lighting), much worse then Universe Ironhide. The painted die cast on the chest is noticeably different than the plastic. The plastic is extremely cheap and soft feeling, the hands were molded weird, the chrome flakes off of the stacks and grill really easily and I could go on and on. Not to mention there is no DVD. The only redeeming thing about this reissue is the sticker sheet and the voice box. Thats it. I sold mine to BBTS for store credit because I figured no one wanted it. The Takara gold label, Hasbro commemerative, and Encore reissues are 1 million x better then this. Spend the extra cash and get the Encore, you will be much happier. It seems like some people wanted to like this reissue because they either paid way to much for it ($80 + tax) or got a deal ($30 + tax). The bottom line, this toy sucks.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #44
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajesse View Post
He really is that bad. I foolishly opened the one I was given as a gift and was faced with nothing but disappointment. He is a weird pink/red/orange color (in any lighting), much worse then Universe Ironhide. The painted die cast on the chest is noticeably different than the plastic. The plastic is extremely cheap and soft feeling, the hands were molded weird, the chrome flakes off of the stacks and grill really easily and I could go on and on. Not to mention there is no DVD. The only redeeming thing about this reissue is the sticker sheet and the voice box. Thats it. I sold mine to BBTS for store credit because I figured no one wanted it. The Takara gold label, Hasbro commemerative, and Encore reissues are 1 million x better then this. Spend the extra cash and get the Encore, you will be much happier. It seems like some people wanted to like this reissue because they either paid way to much for it ($80 + tax) or got a deal ($30 + tax). The bottom line, this toy sucks.
Wow that sounds really really bad.

Tomorrow I will take a look at him in person and think about what you said. Maybe I won't get him as I did not know the plastic was cheap or that the chrome comes off so easily.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #45
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I rang up my sister and I expect to have Prime the next time she visits. But the stories of the figures poor quality is starting to unnerve me some. The way I look at it: At best, I'll finally have a G1 Prime to call my own. At worst, I'll finally have a trailer to give to my Classics Prime.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #46
Icetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
Wow that sounds really really bad.

Tomorrow I will take a look at him in person and think about what you said. Maybe I won't get him as I did not know the plastic was cheap or that the chrome comes off so easily.
Could be just a QC issue on that particular one. Who knows, I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #47
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

I didn't like him when I was a kid, still don't like him now. Not even for $30. Now that Masterpiece guy, now that's a Prime......
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #48
Pascal
Banned

If I was on the moon and given a pole long enough to reach Earth, I still wouldn't touch it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #49
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

I bought it today but am not opening it.....looks fine to me...compared it to my other and the red does not look that different....I like it.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #50
Uberman
Energon

Considering I don't otherwise own any version of this figure [and as a Transformer nerd neophyte it seems in poor taste to NOT own one] I got it, and I like it. Now, maybe that's precisely because I DON'T have a "good" version to compare it to, but for what it is, and its cost, I'm quite happy to have the guy, pinkish hue and oddly light trailer with super-long launch spring and all.

Tags
sale, toys "r" us