Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #531
Janitor
Classic
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

^naw, I'm pretty sure that date for the preorder has always been Dec 31 (maybe to cover their a$$es in case of any delays?). Linky for anyone who needs: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....iew-all-promos

*limit 3 per customer

But the fact that they've re-opened preorders HAS TO BE a good sign, right?? Logically the first two round of POs are good to go #teamparanoid
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #532
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

"Item is exempt from coupons." Gee, that's a surprise.

At least showing a limit of 3 per customer is a sign that there should be plenty to go around and 1st run pre-orders are safe from cancellation.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #533
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Yep, sounds more and more like they will be getting boatloads of him.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #534
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
I don't really think TRU is known for good business decisions...that's the reason for my hesitation in trying for the discount.
Oh, I'm not trying to defend TRU's business practices by any stretch. I'm just saying they had a more diplomatic option to achieve the same result and they didn't take it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
^ ...until now. It makes much more sense to fill the orders already taken and stop taking coupons in the future than to just screw over everyone who already ordered one with the coupon.

The way I see it, the fact that they've reopened pre-orders is a good sign that they're sure they're going to have plenty of stock. WORST CASE SCENARIO, they dick you over and cancel your order because you used the coupon and you're forced to pay full price. Best case scenario, you save $30.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #535
CPrime
Generation 2

It might actually be a PROBLEM if they fill all of the pre-orders. With the paranoia over the possibility of them being cancelled, many people are ordering multiples, which may end up being returned then. If TRU is getting these on a basis of the number of orders, there could be a huge overproduction and they'll sit on shelves worse than that huge unicron from a couple of years ago. That might then lead to an end of abundant masterpieces and a return to the MP-10 situations from last year...

Not that I'm hoping they cancel preorders, but I hope we pre-order smart...
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #536
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
WORST CASE SCENARIO, they dick you over and cancel your order because you used the coupon and you're forced to pay full price. Best case scenario, you save $30.
Which is what I'm afraid of. Hey, you think this new batch of (coupon-exempt) preorders suddenly became available because they're cancelling the discounted ones and it freed up some extra SWs?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime View Post
Not that I'm hoping they cancel preorders, but I hope we pre-order smart...
True, but we can only be so "smart" when we don't know what the hell TRU is doing. Constantly wondering what's going with online orders, no idea about store stock, etc. At the end of the day, we just want our damn toy as hassle free as possible, that's all.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #537
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
My wife managed to get a 25% coupon (the paper one from the book) from a friend of hers after I purchased MP SW in store. I intended to go back and have them do a price adjust or return and repurchase with the coupon. The coupon itself doesn't mention exclusions.

Any educated guesses (or entertaining speculation) on if this change in the online listing will affect what i can do with the coupon in store?
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #538
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberonprime View Post
My wife managed to get a 25% coupon (the paper one from the book) from a friend of hers after I purchased MP SW in store. I intended to go back and have them do a price adjust or return and repurchase with the coupon. The coupon itself doesn't mention exclusions.

Any educated guesses (or entertaining speculation) on if this change in the online listing will affect what i can do with the coupon in store?
If they don't say it in-store, go for it.
Managers can always do an override.
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #539
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberonprime View Post

I don't think you need the coupon anymore as TRU is going to have the TF 25% sale starting tomorrow. Just go back for a price adjust then.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #540
Rev
Addict

Ordered both online. Decent pricing even without the coupon. I have the Takara MP Soundwave and he is an amazing figure.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote