Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 12-09-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
Autobot Hound
Tracking Cons since 87'
Removable kibble for ROTF Leader Prime

Hey everyone,

I believe this is my first actual posting of a custom. I rarely do them so please bare with me if i miss any details.

So i was able to customize his rear wheel joints and those rear red tab joints to be able to remove (for sexier robot mode) and connect to still transform to sexy truck.

And here's how i did it.
Remove all 4 screws in this area here (2 on each side)

Carefully untab and remove the entire lower section. and i mean be careful because there are 2 small tabs inside the mold that can break off. One of mine did
*if you know a better way please do so*
This will help you slide off the red tab joints.

With an xacto knife, Shave off 3 quarters of the circle joint. It's important to leave 1 quarter untouched. This corner will help reconnect the joint back in.
A good way to do it is to keep shaving and testing the joint once you've made a comfortable fit.

Now the wheels!
Use a pin puncher and mallet to remove the pins. Remove the pins from the joint and place just the pins back as they were on Prime. *sorry i didn't take pics for that*

Again with an xacto knife cut off the top part of the joint as in the pic. Make sure not to cut too much or else the joint won't hold. If done proper you should be able to just snap the joint back into place.

And voila!! You now have removable kibble for his face killer mode but still usable for truck mode.

LMK wat you guys think?

(FYI, yes that is Buster Prime)
Autobot Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Removable kibble for ROTF Leader Prime

Wouldn't a removable pin for the tire removal been a better idea and less mold damaging?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Autobot Hound
Tracking Cons since 87'
Re: Removable kibble for ROTF Leader Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Wouldn't a removable pin for the tire removal been a better idea and less mold damaging?

hmmmm....by removable pin you mean like a pin with a lil head? I guess that could work as well. The less carving the better.
However the head of the removable pin may get in the way of the red mudflaps in truck mode. The pin has to be flush inside the joint for the mudflap to fit over.
But then again im not to familiar with how removable pins function.
Autobot Hound is offline   Reply With Quote