Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
ohnaji
Beasty
How do you feel about Voyager Prime.

Never had an opportunity to pick up Robo-vision Prime, so I was excited to pick up the Voyager version last Sunday. This was a figure I was most looking forward to ever since the prototype pic was released on the net. In fact I wanted this figure more than the leader class version simply because its proportions resembled the movie model more.
There's a lot to like about this figure. It's proportions are really good and I can't find too much to fault it on its aesthetics. Love the weapons on this sucker. These movie line figures have exceptional weight distribution and this leads to some great dynamic poses. Voyager Prime is no different, and unlike Leader Prime, its poseability isn't hampered by kibble. I found the transformation process fairly straightforward without any big issues. The automorph feature for the lower legs is probably the most endearing element.
As good as I think this figure is, I couldn't help but think that the engineering team got a bit lazy in its design. The 'backpack' Prime has in robot mode doesn't bother me, but there's just so much plastic there. I believe that something clever could have been done with entire section more so than putting in a miniature driver. I'm also disappointed that there isn't waist articulation. The plastic bracket attached to the legs that folds into the chest is sturdy enough to put in some in a joint of some kind. Perhaps price concerns forced this feature out. Also, the scale could have increased slightly. As it stands now its the tallest Autobot Voyager, but it could be a bit bigger.
Overall I'm pleased with this figure. It stacks well among my DLXs and other voyagers. I think Hasbro can get a lot out of this mold. I wouldn't surprised to see a Night Beat voyager version or a sword iteration of this figure.
Now that this is available to a wider consumer base, what are some opinions on it.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan
Re: How do you feel about Voyager Prime.

I love him!

Too me wile not as maybe detailed and movie accurate as his Leader class counterpart I find him much more fun to play and mess around with. For me the voyager is a good play piece wile the leader is a good display piece.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

I don't really like it. The backpack really bothers me a lot. A lot more could have been done there. For some reason just the overall look and feel of the figure is not what I wanted.

I love the leader version tho.

Spencer.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
ohnaji
Beasty

I completely agree with you soundwave.ca. I see more pose possibilities with this figure than with Leader Prime. I forgot to mention in my original post how well the light piping works. Even under fluorescent lights, Prime's eyes glow very much like the movie counterpart.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
I don't really like it. The backpack really bothers me a lot. A lot more could have been done there. For some reason just the overall look and feel of the figure is not what I wanted.

I love the leader version tho.

Spencer.
Agreed. I don't like the backpack.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
y2jversion1
Machine War

Despite the backpack - one of my favourite OP toys!
y2jversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
RandomFerret

From pictures, the only saving grace is the Peter Cullen holodriver.

Which is so friggin awesome I'm gonna buy one as soon as I see it.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #8
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise

I have Leader Prime already, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick this up.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #9
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

I think he's awesome and is my third favourite movie toy! I just love how he transforms especially his legs
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
ohnaji
Beasty

I have to agree on the leg transformation. The designers were really smart in that design. It's more accurate to the movie model. Really enjoying both version though.