Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #21
ohnaji
Beasty
Re: What are you're thoughts for a sequel? (Spoilers)

I read somewhere that Shia and Megan had signed on for sequels. The only problem with bringing these characters back is that their stories are resolved. What would be a logical situation for these characters to be relevant for a follow-up?
Here's a scenario I've been contemplating. If Megatron is considered to be the scourge of the universe, than his demise would bring about dire repercussions. If Starscream spreads the word that Sam was responsible for Megs' death, that would probably illicit bloody retribution among Decepticon ranks. The Autobots would have to protect Sam. This could bring about a potential theme of 'fighting for a future' for both human and Autobots. Of course, that's just one thing the sequel could explore. There are probably better angles out there.
Here's hoping the prequel on the DVD doesn't suck.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #22
Exsequor
Generation 1

Ravage MUST Be IN IT!!

I would love to see this character in the movie.
Exsequor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #23
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I have a serious question; why is it that everyone complains about Devastator's name being used by accident and how it's impossible to have the Constructicons involved now when I think it would be more probable and difficult to have the Constructicons involved because... HELLO! BONECRUSHER ANYONE? He was originally a memer of the Constructicons; ok, so they could bring him back in a new body as one of them maybe, but still you'd think everyone would stop bitchin' about the screw up by the editing team who missed the glaringly obvious Devastator changed to Brawl memo and would maybe be a tad more indecisive about the Constructicons' presence because, HEY! Bonecrusher dead here. LOL

Although if they were to replace Bonecrusher with Buckethead no one would be able to take the threat of Devastator serious.

"Constructicons, MERGE INTO DEVASTATOR!"

"We can't, Buckethead's still sulking in his trailer."

"Oh fer Primus's sake!"

*Optimus and the Autobots laughing the whole time*
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #24
darthrage
Beast Machine

of course the questions come to mind regarding the devastator/brawl name error such as:

1) how are they going to have the Constructicons if Bonecrusher is wasted
2) and even if they do have Bonecrusher back, what are they gonna do about the name?
3) and even if they have the Combaticons, Vortex, who they decided to call Blackout is also KIA
4) and even if they decide to get another Helicopter, their other piece, the Tank known as Brawl is also KIA

LOL!!

Actually none of these things will bother me, this is Bay's Transformers after all and his writing team is going to make the necessary changes to bring a combiner without ruining the contuinity of the first movie

Also he originally thought of doing a transforming Aircraft carrier but it would be too expensive.

I think it would've been either Omega Supreme, Metroplex or Fortress Maximus. Either one of those those 3 would've been most appropriate for that.

Last edited by darthrage; 07-14-2007 at 01:54 PM.
darthrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:04 AM   #25
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I do want a Buckethead figure, that would be cool. Maybe a real gear...............Oh damn!!!!!!I just realized Scrapper6 made that up
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #26
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I do want a Buckethead figure, that would be cool. Maybe a real gear...............Oh damn!!!!!!I just realized Scrapper6 made that up

I didn't make it up, remember Universe Devastator the Micromasters had Buckethead in place of one of the established G1 names?
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #27
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

So there really is a Buckethead. Um............. They named a Character Buckethead.............
Well then I have to find me a Buckethead figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #28
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

It's on ebay!!!! How did this not make that Cracked magazine list???
Old 07-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #29
ohnaji
Beasty

After seeing it a third time, I've come up with some other ideas the follow up could explore. I posted this on the official boards and it's a bit of a long read.
The prequel alludes to Megatron being a benevolent leader before betraying Optimus. Perhaps Megs turned evil because he was exposed to something like a virus. A virus delivered by Starscream. I think Starscream had an altogether different agenda then that of Megs. Let's entertain the idea that Starscream was working for something or someone else. An entity that sought the destruction of the allspark rather than its recovery. Sounds like Unicron. Maybe that's where SS was heading off to at the end of the film. His mission was accomplished, but what if it wasn't.
We all saw Sam combine the Allspark with Megs, which lead to its destruction. What possible way could it be brought back? I think a possible avenue worth exploring is examining what happened to Bumblebee. BB not only had contact with the allspark, he actually communed with it. Maybe the allspark did something to him. Maybe it actually copied itself to BB's spark. Let's assume that was true, is there any evidence to indicate that something like that happened in the film? A few of events come to mind. The first is BB's ability to speak at the end of the film. Earlier, when Frenzy approached the allspark, he was magically repaired and given a new body. It wouldn't be too hard to imagine something similar happening to BB. This in itself doesn't add too much credence to this theory but if we examine another event, the time BB and Ironhide shielded the convoy from SS missile barrage something interesting pops up. BB receives the full brunt of SS attack. He should be dead, but the damage he took was only to his legs. If we buy into the idea that the allspark copied itself to BB, then we could assume that was the reason he didn't die. The allspark kept him alive. The last event worth noting is Brawl's demise. When BB came charging in to rescue the troops, missile launchers emerged from his shoulders. We all saw what happens when the cube energy is exposed to machinery; it creates nasty beings packing tremendous heat. Let's assume BB never had that weaponry before. If we do so, then it wouldn't be implausible to suggest that BB's new armaments were the result of the allspark. So how can a new allspark be manifested? Simple, with allspark energy.
Ratchet stated that the allspark is pure energy. For 80 years it was situated at hoover dam. It wouldn't be out of the question to think that sectorseven stored surplus energy from the cube. Let's have BB absorb all that energy. With the excess of energy surging through BB's body, it forms a new allspark. But it wouldn't just be a copy of the original. This new allspark would have been tempered with an Autobot signature. It in fact has become the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Through this new Matrix, we could introduce the Dinobots, Arielbots, Skyfire/Jetfire, whoever. Let's also assume this Matrix can cure individuals who are corrupted by the Decepticon virus. Why not expose Barricade to it and he becomes Prowl.
At one point in the sequel, BB hands off the Matrix to Prime and this powers Prime up. Maybe he could combine with a trailer and become super Prime or something along those lines. Now Prime can stave off a resurrected and similarly powered Megs. That would be a battle I'd pay multiple times to see.

ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote