Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Transformers latest issue

This is going to contain spoilers so if you haven't read the latest issue of what was once called Robots in Disguise then leave.

Anyone else notice they seemed to have just killed Sideswipe with no more than an after thought? WTF?????
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
Blitzwing
Armada
Re: Transformers latest issue

Yeah, it was a bit of a shock, but I think that they wanted to establish that the Decepticons working for Galvatron were not beyond using lethal force. You could tell Swift was particularly shocked by the brutality they were using, I think they are setting her up for a face turn. It also gives Optimus motivation to put a stop to Galvatron once and for all as that will be one of the main focus' of the All Hail Optimus storyline.

I also think there is the possibility that Alpha Trion still has a roll to play in the story and that since he's been used to bring Ironhide back from the dead, there is potential for him to bring back Sideswipe as well. Nobody in comics ever stays dead forever. Except Rotorstorm, that guy is definitely dead forever.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I don't feel it was a total afterthought, they've been building up needlenose and brawl as vicious. Sideswipe and Arcee have been fighting a losing battle for several issues now, swipe was battered and out of ammo. Arcee getting crunched was probably the biggest beatdown she's taken. If anything the issue crams a lot into 20 pages and might have had to rush a bit.

I feel.like brawl blasting swipe in the head on an ark bridge was a slight homage to tftm as well.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
Blitzwing
Armada

Yeah, Brawl was a beast in that issue.

I'm a little sad that Needlenose has gone full villain, he had some good back story and seemed like he could thrive in the post-war era. I think after blasting Tracks and now leading the attack on the Ark he's too far gone for any redemption though.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

That's just not the way Sideswipe should have gone. I hope it's not permanent I like him.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote