Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #21
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Target now open for business...

Comparing Target to Wal-Mart is unfair. That's like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Wal-Mart is all about bottom line low prices, Target's goal is to offer the customers a upscale discount, trendy shopping experience.

And regardless of them opening up in Canada, distribution for Transformers and other toys still isn't going to be as good as in the US. We have a totally different supply chain and logistics up here.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #22
SeanOfStone
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
I am most looking forward to more availability of TFs and maybe more waves of Prime and future generations will come to Canada mass retail. TRU has been terrible, and Walmart often doesn't stock enough.
I completely agree, it has been a while since I haven't felt sad leaving TRU empty handed (starting to feel like I'm growing up...lol). It will be nice to have a couple more big box stores in town. I like to switch up which one I go to, makes me feel a little less crazy inside.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
jacobot
drone 179

Deluxes are on sale in the US for $10.00, lets hope for decent sales here.

The TF section in the US stores are not any larger than say Walmart here. Exclusives seem the only potential bonus. However, DC and Marvel figures have way better selection here already

Last edited by jacobot; 03-17-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Home from vacation
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
I am most looking forward to more availability of TFs and maybe more waves of Prime and future generations will come to Canada mass retail. TRU has been terrible, and Walmart often doesn't stock enough.
THIS. I just want to actually reliably find current waves at retail. Not sure that will happen but Target provides some hope of this! And although it may not be as cheap as Walmart ultimately buying at retail should be cheaper than importing/Ebay/RCSS.

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #25
dbao123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
And regardless of them opening up in Canada, distribution for Transformers and other toys still isn't going to be as good as in the US. We have a totally different supply chain and logistics up here.
it might not be better, but its not a bad thing. it just means theres another place we can check for tfs!
dbao123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #26
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
THIS. I just want to actually reliably find current waves at retail. Not sure that will happen but Target provides some hope of this! And although it may not be as cheap as Walmart ultimately buying at retail should be cheaper than importing/Ebay/RCSS.

--Echo
Targets down the States at Seattle Wasington do have way better stock . I think Target will be a reliable future retail to get up-to-date tfs.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #27
jacobot
drone 179

Stores opening tomorrow are: East York Town Centre, Durham Centre (Ajax), Aurora Shopping Centre, Shopper’s World Brampton, Millcroft Centre (Burlington), Cambridge Centre, Cloverdale Mall (Etobicoke), Centre Mall (Hamilton), Lindsay Square Mall, Masonville Place (London), Westmount Shopping Centre (London), Upper Canada Mall (Newmarket), Orillia Square Mall, Centrepoint Mall (Toronto), Flamborough Power Centre (Waterdown), Devonshire Mall (Windsor), Taunton Road Power Centre (Whitby).

Four stores will be opening March 28: Brampton Trinity Common; Burlington Mall; Mississauga Square One; Toronto Shoppers World Danforth.

Cut&Pasted
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Anyone know what time they open tomorrow?
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I checked out the Centre Point Mall location yesterday, jam packed! Nothing new TF wise other than Beasts. I did pick up a new blind packed Princess Peach Kinect mini-fig and an Optimus Prime t-shirt.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #30
SeanOfStone
Generation 1

I made it to the new Target at Masonville Mall in London today. It was really nice inside, and the toy aisles held some surprises (for me at least). The best part about that store though, the shopping cart escalator. My girlfriend "prepared" me for it, but I still had to stand and point at it with amazement in the middle of a newly opened and PACKED store.

Something weird happened at the register however. I had generations 3.0 Soundwave and the cashier said, "I hope the transformer is for you.". I'm used to hearing, "Would you like a gift receipt for the toy?". Small difference and I may be crazy for pointing this out, but one made me feel normal and the other makes me feel a little crazy.