Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Star Wars Discussion (The Last Jedi Spoilers Within!)

Just posted on Yahoo today.

Quote:
Luke. Leia. Han. Chewie. Artoo. Threepio. All present and accounted for as StarWars.com unveiled the official cast of "Star War: Episode VII" Tuesday.

Here's the full release:
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

While original stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford had dropped hints that they would be reprising their roles for the new chapter, which takes place around 35 years after "Return of the Jedi," nothing was confirmed until today. As expected, the trio will be joined by longtime castmates Kenny Baker (R2-D2), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO, the only actor to appear in all six episodes to date).

New additions include Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver, who recently appeared together in the Coen brothers' 2013 folk music drama "Inside Llewyn Davis." Also onboard: Andy Serkis (best known as Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy), Domhnall Gleeson ("About Time") and the legendary Max von Sydow ("The Exorcist"). Fresh faces John Boyega ("Attack the Block") and Daisy Ridley (who has appeared in just a handful of BBC dramas) round out the cast.

Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn confirmed last week that second unit filming has already been underway in remote locations like Abu Dhabi, but the principal cast will not start working in the UK until next month. That leaves them just 17 months for both production and post-production, which is ambitious considering the enormous scale of the project.

May the Force be with Abrams and his very talented cast.

Last edited by Robimus; 12-18-2017 at 03:50 AM. Reason: added links
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

They're making new STAR WARSes? Unless Ahmed Best/Jar Jar Binks is back...pass.

But seriously, part of me is disappointed Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy" isn't the focus of Episodes VII-IX. Yet seeing that Lawrence Kasdan is onboard makes me very hopeful that the end result won't be Bantha Poodoo.

By the way, where the eff is Billy Dee Williams?

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
MULTIPLEX

Yah I was wondering that too. We need Lando! I saw him on Dancing With The Stars this season. He's looking pretty old these days. Lots of back issues too.

The Thrawn Trilogy would have been awesome to do. Missed opportunity IMO. These original actors aren't getting younger.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I just hope that they have cameo roles are are not the sole focus of the next 3 movies. We really don't need another Indiana Jones 4.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Maybe John Boyega (from the excellent indie UK alien invasion movie Attack The Block) will be Lando Jr.? He's the one seated 3 people over from Mark Hamill's left.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
MULTIPLEX

One of these new actors must be Jacen Solo. There was another Solo child too, right? And didn't Luke marry as well? He had kids with Mara Jade, no? Been so long since I read the history. These younglings will be taking over the franchise I bet. I'm sure the original cast are just doing cameo roles, aside from 3P0 and R2 of course. Chewy must have grey hairs now lol.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #7
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

This recent announcement about how the Expanded Universe established in novels, books, games, etc. are not canon, that the 6 films and The Clone Wars series are, and that EU sources going forward will be coordinated so they can be canonized pretty much says "Jacen (Darth Caedus) Solo, his twin sister Jaina, their younger brother Anakin and their cousin Ben Skywalker probably won't be in the new films."

Sorry MULTIPLEX...

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 04-29-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #8
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

All I care is if we will see Optimus Prime and Megatron in this movie.... it is a starwar transformers cossover, right?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

What no Frank Oz

All I hope is that Luke turns into the new Emperor and sounds like Batman TAS Joker, that would make me very very happy
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I want Boba Fett.