Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
Grimlocked
Generation 2
Nemesis Prime MP - Price Range and Tips?

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of getting my first MP figure and I decided on Nemesis Prime. I was wondering how much I should be paying for one (Only place I know has them for 179.99$) and what are some tips on knowing if it's a counterfeit or not? Thanks!
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
Grimlocked
Generation 2
Re: Nemesis Prime MP - Price Range and Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Make more money than you spend.
Hey, thanks, but I don't think that really answers anything if I can already afford it. I just want to know what a general price range to avoid price gauging is and how to not buy a counterfeit.
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:59 PM   #3
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlocked View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of getting my first MP figure and I decided on Nemesis Prime. I was wondering how much I should be paying for one (Only place I know has them for 179.99$) and what are some tips on knowing if it's a counterfeit or not? Thanks!
Try to buy from a well known US/Canadian or Japanese e-tailer. Avoid deals on eBay that is too good to be true. Having said that I am not aware of any KO version but I could be wrong.

Honestly, I don’t know what is a fair price for one at the monent. I remember I got it on sales for around $100 or so. It doesn’t come with the trailer and is not really a rarity so don’t pay through the roof for one.

Or get the TE third party version if you don’t have to have an official MP-10B

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlocked View Post
Hey everyone,

Here's a couple tips when buying MP's (there are ko's of MP-10 Black Convoy):

•Beware sellers from China on Ebay. They usually sell KO's.
•You can purchase an MP off of Ebay. Just make sure the seller is based in Hong Kong or Japan.
• Read the description to make sure they say that it's made by Takara Tomy (not "unbranded"). Even then though the description could be false.
•Anything from Japan is usually authentic. May take a bit longer to ship but at least you have the piece of mind that it's legit.
•Make sure their seller rating is high (higher than 99%) and that they have a lot of positive feedback (more than 1000)

Here's 3 links that are legit:
This seller is based in Japan and states that it's authentic (~$160)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264237133349

This seller is based in Hong Kong. I've purchased Transformers from him before and they're all authentic Takara MP's (~$180, but comes with a collector's coin):

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222796138136

This is from Amazon Japan (~$172)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B009LXYE..._BJCBDb2MB604Q

For Amazon Japan, you just need to make an account. Use the Amazon app and switch your region to Japan to shop on their site. Hope that helps

*I also agree with getting the Transform Element version of MP-10 black convoy. It's a better mold for Prime and has a lot of positive feedback from reviewers on YouTube. You can find this figure on the following website. These guys are great for buying Transformers from. They sell some official Takara figures, but mostly 3rd party transformers:

https://showzstore.com/transform-ele...ion_p1422.html

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 09-02-2019 at 10:23 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote