Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #11
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: MP44 Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
FT focusses on one toy at a time (FT has released what, only 20 unique molds or so in SIX YEARS?) while Takara is designing and releasing stuff by the gallon at the speed of light. It's unfortunate for those who are having issues, but even expensive brand new cars can have flaws that lead to recalls, so...
Very true, but for recalls on cars, at least the company identifies the problem and fixes it usually at no charge. Would Takara reach out to people that have a common issue with an MP figure and offer to fix or replace it (maybe they are, but I can't say for sure).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #12
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Here’s hoping for y’all who bought the bot! I’d like to think TT could provide a knee fix. Corporate gets in the way some days though
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #13
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

Thankfully the knee fix is very simple, from what I've seen. My problem with the price of the Beastwars and optimus is that I can't man handle it like mp 10 or the other ones, the plastic feels so fragile. With MP44, the addition of the beautiful paint adds another layer of insecurity for me for fear of scratching. I hear mention of a knee paint fix, but I have yet to see what the problem is. I gave up FlameToys optimus for this one because both were too expensive, and I'm a takara supporter, but if I'm not transforming him, I wonder if I made the right choice.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:05 AM   #14
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I'll leave this thread from TFW here just in case anyone wanted to see how to fix the leg ratchet on Prime. Not saying all of them are broken, but having information readily available is always good.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...g-fix.1180951/

TMan978's video was great, but using the superglue isn't permanent and may cause further damage to the ratchet.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #15
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'll leave this thread from TFW here just in case anyone wanted to see how to fix the leg ratchet on Prime. Not saying all of them are broken, but having information readily available is always good.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...g-fix.1180951/

TMan978's video was great, but using the superglue isn't permanent and may cause further damage to the ratchet.
Why do you think that the superglue isn't a permanent solution? That was my safety net if things broke, so now I'm worried. My hope is that the 3rd party manufacturers will come to the rescue and give us replacement parts, as they usually do. Similar to MP09, I still see knee replacement parts because that was so much worse than now.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #16
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Yeah the glue can eat and dissolve the plastics
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #17
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusB38 View Post
Yeah the glue can eat and dissolve the plastics
This. Also over time, the glue will wear out from using the ratchet and you'll have to do it over again. There are some epoxy's that permanently stick plastic together. You'd need to do some research on those.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:34 AM   #18
Pascal
Banned

Unless you guys are cranking the knees for 2 hours every single day, the fix will last forever.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #19
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicusTF(cdn) View Post
Overall, I’m disappointed with how over-engineered he is. He’s way more complicated than he needed to be; it’s not fun to transform him at all. And with all the small fragile folds to get him into robot mode, along with the knee issue, i’m probably never going to transform him again. I was happy with my MP-10; I should have just saved my money.

Oh well, he’s here now.
umm whats his name showed how to move the knee joints without damaging it... move the top then the bottom... although tman 1978 says that wont last... i dont have it but look into it..might make you feel better
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #20
Pgianos
Banned

I have NEVER seen takara do after service on a figure released... I think its pretty pathetic.. if they dont on mp44 I think would be a big customer relations mistake.. for 400 US whatever it should be perfect!..
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote