Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #11
OptimusB38
Optimus B
Re: Question about Trypticon & Costco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
What?!? Costco carried Combiner Wars Devastator!?!

I missed that one, I bought him from toysrus.ca for $139.99+tax than returned him, should have kept him. I remember walmart.ca selling him later for $89.99 I think.

I spend too much money at Costco and have never seen anything cool like Metroplex or Devastator there. I would gladly give them my money for either one, especially at those price points.
Agreed! I’ve never seen anything but the big gold movie B.
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #12
ngnaw
Armada

That Devastator from Costco is what started me back into collecting! My mom remembered not buying him when I was younger so she bought it for me on the spot for a birthday present 30 years later lol!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:25 PM   #13
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
That Devastator from Costco is what started me back into collecting! My mom remembered not buying him when I was younger so she bought it for me on the spot for a birthday present 30 years later lol!
High five your Mom for the rest of us! She remembers, you have a wonderful Mom.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #14
vjcheng
Generation 2

I have never seen any Titan Transformers at Costco but I should really take a look. On that note if someone is looking for Trypticon still, I have two MISB I'd be willing to sell or trade one for one towards a Predaking which I never went after cause I was out of the country and focused on my studies. :\

SALES

FEEDBACK

WANTS

vjcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:48 PM   #15
imfallenangel
Cybertron

For me, I stopped going to Costco a few years ago, before the time they'd have any Transformers, and never saw a Devastator in any stores, until I got lucky and a liquidation store that gets Costco stuff had a couple for 99$ each, which I checked to ensure it was complete before I bought one. If they would have had a Trypticon for the same price I would have considered giving it another chance, as I had returned the one I had bought due to the leg ratchet snapping right away as I was just taking it out of the box, which for something I had paid over 200$, I didn't consider it worth it if it had such a defect.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:43 PM   #16
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
What?!? Costco carried Combiner Wars Devastator!?!

I missed that one, I bought him from toysrus.ca for $139.99+tax than returned him, should have kept him. I remember walmart.ca selling him later for $89.99 I think.

I spend too much money at Costco and have never seen anything cool like Metroplex or Devastator there. I would gladly give them my money for either one, especially at those price points.
Metroplex seemed widespread with maybe only a few stores in the country not seeing him, and there were lots for a decent period of time.

I remember looking for devy in Edmonton. He hit far fewer stores in smaller numbers. It's possible I missed the one and only stock, but I don't recall any Alberta sightings at all. Maybe once in Calgary?

So yeah devy wasn't something most of us had the opportunity to grab at Costco prices.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #17
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
After checking online, they got Metroplex in 2014, Devy in 2015, nothing in 2016, nothing in 2017, and a big R/C Bee in 2018.

Just to be clear, select Costco’s got them. They were not available in every store, or even every province.

I have their customer service responses from my complaints still.

Edit:

So yeah, their response was “FU Manitoba, but be sure to check our website every day for the rest of your life just incase”

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 09-09-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #18
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I only saw Metroplex once, not at retail but in a collectibles shop, and I passed on it for being a bit pricey and too big for my collection at the time. Little did I know the asking price would turn out to be pretty reasonable in the long run, and I've since gotten every other Titan figure afterward. The one that got away...
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #19
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I only saw Metroplex once, not at retail but in a collectibles shop, and I passed on it for being a bit pricey and too big for my collection at the time. Little did I know the asking price would turn out to be pretty reasonable in the long run, and I've since gotten every other Titan figure afterward. The one that got away...

I barely remember seeing it in stores, and I felt that it was fairly expensive then, but now I have regrets...
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote