Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Stormrave
Machine War
Pizza Party 2010! Official Thread

This is the official thread for the TFCon pizza party 2010!

This year we're trying things a little differently. Rather than trying to collect pizza preorders in threads from various boards, and risking missing people's posts, we're asking everyone who'd like to come to send an email to optimuspizza@gmail.com with your choice of the following:

1. Your name/screenname/what we should call you

2. Kind of pizza you would like and number of slices

Choices: Pepperoni, Plain Cheese, Veggie (Green Pepper and Mushroom)

3. Kind of drink you would like and number of drinks

Choices: Coke, Bottled Water

Prices are as follows:

Pizza Slice: $2.50 Each
Drink: $1 Each

There is also dessert in the works for no additional cost. Stay tuned...

EDIT: Preorders will be taken until Midnight EST on Wednesday, July 14th. If you miss the deadline you can buy pizza at the con, same price, on a first come first served basis.

FAQ

The Pizza party will be held on Friday night, July 16, in a room off the main convention lobby at 7 pm. Look for signs and pizza and a Decepticon in an army jacket.

The slices are Pizza Pizza Larges. We crunched the numbers and felt that we could offer a better and more consistent value than last year's XL slices for $3 by offering a smaller slice for a cheaper price.

If you can bring exact change please do so. We will do our best to make change, but the pizza line will move faster if we spend less time making change.

You can order different kinds of slices.

You do not have to order a drink.

You can order a drink but no pizza.

You can bring your own food or drink. However, the room is not licensed for alcoholic beverages.

You can not eat anything and just come to hang out.

Your preorder will be held for you until 9 pm Friday evening. If you do not pick it up by then I reserve the right to eat it for breakfast.

If you do not preorder, you are still welcome to come to the pizza party on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If you cannot eat pizza, or have a special requirement, please let me know. We would like everyone to feel included like they can take part.

Beyond special dietary needs, we are not taking write-in requests for other kinds of pizza this year for two reasons: As the party gets bigger, the more kinds of pizza there are, the slower the lines get, and long, slow lines are no fun for anyone. Also, due to personal happenings, I haven't been able to devote as much time to advance planning. So this year I'm hoping to keep it simpler.

Napkins, paper plates and cutlery will be provided. Building on last year, we will have more on hand; however, if you can use the same plates for your pizza and your dessert, please do so.

The TFCon Pizza Party is meant to provide all the social experience of a convention dinner while allowing attendees to save their big spending for important things like the dealer's room. Come make some friends, eat some food and start the convention with a bang!

Last edited by Stormrave; 07-03-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Decepticon Army
King of the Obscure
Re: Pizza Party 2010! Official Thread

Decepticon Army
3 Pepperoni slices and 2 Cokes.
Thanks.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

chans formers
pepperoni x2, veggie x2
coke x2.
thanks also
Old 07-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
Stormrave
Machine War

Um...

I hope you're also emailing to the email address instead of just posting here. I'll be compiling the final list off of the responses sent to optimuspizza@gmail.com.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
Phalanx
Generation 2

Sorry, guys, we're just trying to keep all the orders in one place this year. It's easier to keep track of orders from multiple boards if everything is going into the same location. It also means that lurkers can be included.

Apologies for any inconvenience.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Aernaroth
2 slices pepperoni

Seems a little more in-depth this year. But hey, if that makes it easier for you, so be it.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Phalanx
Generation 2

No need to post orders here, for the record. (unless you want to, of course, then by all means... just email 'em in as well)

Ordering is essentially the same as previous years (just done through email now)

We just wanted to include more information based on previous experience.

We're also doing it on a much tighter schedule this year (less than 2 weeks for orders) versus years past where we put the notice up a month or two in advance and had time to deal with things.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

(oops) i should have "actually read" the op thoroughly instead of skimming it
Old 07-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
Phalanx
Generation 2

No worries, it's a new way of doing things, so it's to be expected.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
Stormrave
Machine War

Thanks everyone for your help and understanding. Due to some real-life chaos, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it this year, and didn't want to start making arrangements for pizza that never got, er, delivered (DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE)

In the good news, I *am* coming, there SHALL be pizza, but with less than two weeks to organize this year, we really needed to streamline to make sure the pizza party was as successful as it has been in past years. The email orders, with all the information in one easily accessible place, is one of the changes.

The delicious pizza and good times are NOT changing!