Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #11
Protoman
The Legend
Re: What Got You into Transformers

The person: My neighbor Victor.

The fiction: We both went to see the original 1986 movie at our theater across the street with his mom. (I was going on 4, he was 6)

Watched G1 Season 3 episodes from there and later got to watched Season 1 and 2 via reruns through G2. But it was Beast Wars that awoke my inner GAR for Transformers that exists to this day.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

As it kid, it was being as my cousin's house and playing with G1 Astrotrain. I stopped asking my parents to buy my TFs sometime around Pretenders/ActionMasters (suprise surprise).

Later on, I watched SuperLink and Galaxy Force when it aired in Japan, but didn't get back into actually buying TFs until Sept '05, when I started working full-time and Wal-Mart had their first $10-Alternators sale (Jazz, Tracks, Grimlock, Swindle). It all went downhill from there, 4 years and several tens-of-thousands of dollars later.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

As a kid the first TF I saw was actually a Red Diaclone Sunstreaker at Disneyworld, it blew my socks off seeing a car that can change into a robot with interchangeable fists/rockets and the small little figure was cool too. A few months later G1 started to aire, during Season 1 and 2 of the show I had about 15-20 figures and then stopped shortly after the movie came out. I didn't get into BW and didn't even know that BM and the other Japnese shows existed.

One day while in Chinatown I came across a bootleg VCD of BW Neo and I was... WTF!?... how the heck did Convoy become a Lion? (still till this day baffled )

Anyways, fastforward to when TRU started with G1 Commerative series...my jaw dropped seeing OP, UM and the other cars again. Ever since I've been hooked and have gone on to get a majority of the remaining G1, Alternator/MP, BW, RID, Movie, Animated and a select few of the Armada/Energon/Cybertron figs.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

I haven't really started the Transformers Fandom until Beast Wars started airing for the second time on YTV,at around 2005.Since I was cruising the Internet a lot since then,I wanted to start learning more about Beast Wars through reading Wikipedia.Since then,I learned some things about G1,the existence of the Movies,and finally,Animated.

Collecting wise,it wasn't until 2008 that I wanted to start a Beast Wars collection...when Animated came around,I wanted to collect those figures as well...so I got about a few Beast Wars figures,Animated,Universe,and a bit of ROTF now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Had them as a child, but they were 100% a toy to me, nothing was a collectable heh. Then, about 13 years ago during another night of binge drinking at my friends house, he had the liquid courage to show me his G1 dinobots. Not long after that we went to Pack Ratz in Hamilton...I bought a boxed G1 Ultra Magnus for $35 and here I am now.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
Pascal
Banned

I can't remember if the toys got me into the show or the if the show made me want the toys. I remember liking Gobots (the show) almost just as much. And Grendizer. I just liked the idea of super robots.

The other part of the story, I've told it in another thread.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
vectorsigma2
Machine War

I had seen a g1 episode on the fox network and was instantly hooked too bad we were dirt poor and I only had a few figures when i was a youngster.

Fast forward to 2002 and a long telephone fight with my ex lead me to messing around with ebay and for some reason i did a transformers search and BAMN it all began again!

.........and along the way GMFAN pushed me to waste even more money... THANKS CHRIS
vectorsigma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #18
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorsigma2 View Post
I had seen a g1 episode on the fox network and was instantly hooked too bad we were dirt poor and I only had a few figures when i was a youngster.

Fast forward to 2002 and a long telephone fight with my ex lead me to messing around with ebay and for some reason i did a transformers search and BAMN it all began again!

.........and along the way GMFAN pushed me to waste even more money... THANKS CHRIS
<3 you

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #19
justprime
Animated

My story much like all of you is simmular... first transformer (Huffer) was a gift... however I wasn't a child I was in my early 20's,... started to watch the show and it hooked me went to the movie (86)and picked up the odd piece just cause they were neat ....untill an industrial accedent happened,.. it was a savere head injury, at that time I was using transformers to help reabilitate my dexterity and memory,... which indeared the toy line to me and also started the collection in a larger manner,... still think that they RULE and the collecting continues today.Justprime
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #20
transforminator
Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
My story much like all of you is simmular... first transformer (Huffer) was a gift... however I wasn't a child I was in my early 20's,... started to watch the show and it hooked me went to the movie (86)and picked up the odd piece just cause they were neat ....untill an industrial accedent happened,.. it was a savere head injury, at that time I was using transformers to help reabilitate my dexterity and memory,... which indeared the toy line to me and also started the collection in a larger manner,... still think that they RULE and the collecting continues today.Justprime
wow i never thought transformers or any other type of toys would be so close to a person like that

great to have such deep transformer fans
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote