Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise
Help for X-Transbots Ollie

Hey all,

Anyone have this figure and had problems transforming it to robot mode? I recently got one and I'm getting stuck when trying to rotate the sides of his car mode and tuck them back into his backpack. It seems like there's not enough clearance for the plastic that is holding the screw in place to fully rotate and get those pieces completely in the backpack.

I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing because the only alternatives seem to be either shaving down the plastic or loosening up the screw.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited by innermanchild; 04-06-2015 at 09:10 PM.
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #2
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Help for X-Transbots Ollie

Apparently Ollie is loaded with qc issues and design flaws that went unnoticed by the designers and manufacturers, you're not alone. I steered clear of this figure, he looks great but not worth the headache he brings. Look on YouTube at Kumastyle s review or other reviews about his transformation, I think it's the figure and nothing you did but I don't have one so what do I know. Good luck with it though.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
Cronosabre
Machine War

I ended up shaving the plastic down in the end. I was able to transform it before I made this mod though, but ended up with stress marks since I wasn't rotating it right at the joint. I seem to remember that one side was worse than the other.

Ollie does have his problems but is still a pretty neat figure and a great homage to Wheelie. Check out the Ollie thread in the 3rd party section on TFW for more fixes.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #4
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronosabre View Post
I ended up shaving the plastic down in the end. I was able to transform it before I made this mod though, but ended up with stress marks since I wasn't rotating it right at the joint. I seem to remember that one side was worse than the other.

Ollie does have his problems but is still a pretty neat figure and a great homage to Wheelie. Check out the Ollie thread in the 3rd party section on TFW for more fixes.
I tried shaving it, but it was taking too long and I'm not patient, so I tried loosening the screw. I didn't even get a full rotation and it almost felt like opening a soda can in terms of how much "release" it gave the piece. I was then able to rotate the piece in and into the backpack, mind you I still had to bend the plastic a tiny bit, but nothing that scared me the way it was initially. I also had one side that was worse than the other.

Totally agree with you, the figure is not perfect, but for the size you have to live with the bendable plastic and the resemblance to Wheelie in the movie is just awesome. I had been on the fence with this figure for a while, but finally decided that it looked too nice to pass on. I admit that I'm more of a display collector, I don't really transform my figures back and forth, so for me it's totally worth it and I'm glad I got it. The legs are pretty loose though, but I'm sure that can be fixed with some polish. Anyone have suggestions on what they use to tighten joints?

All in all, if you want a G1 Wheelie on your shelf, I haven't seen anything better and I doubt this will be on Takara's list anytime soon. Yes it has some issues, but nothing that can't be taken care of, at least on the one I got.

innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ollie, stuck, transform, wheelie