Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Light Our Darkest Hour

Before Optimus Prime passed the Matrix to Ultra Magnus, one of his final words were "An Autobot will rise from our ranks and use the power of The Matrix to light our darkest hour" What did he mean by that, we all know that Rodimus used that power to destroy Unicron. But what if it wasn't Unicron, how could the Autobots light their darkest hour? Then Optimus Prime comes and uses the power to cure the hate plague in season 3. To light their darkest hour could be at any moment? and any situation? Did Sentinel or any former Autobot leader ever used the power of The Matrix to light their darkest hour?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: Light Our Darkest Hour

In the context of the movie, I would say the darkest hour was the arrival of Unicorn (did that on purpose, cant help it) at Cybertron to destroy the planet. In the Prime series again, its Unicron come to destroy the planet. In Revenge of the Fallen, the Fallen (Unicron's was herald) was about to destroy Earth.

I think the darkest hour is tied to Unicron and planetary destruction

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
alternatorfan
g1 baby

How much you wanna bet transformers 4 will be unicron based
Hence galvatron!
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
How much you wanna bet transformers 4 will be unicron based
Hence galvatron!
I don't think so , Galvatron is human made in TF4
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I would assume he meant the light of hope, the matrix contained hope so as long as they had it, hope would remain. A boost in hope, would boost morale. After all light can defeat dark.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #6
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

This was a crucial scene in the movie and my favorite. It was classic foreshadowing to set up Hot Rod to "light the darkest hours". The darkest hours being Unicrons coming.

But more importantly, it showed to me, that the Matrix is not about power, it's about heart, potential and worthiness and yes, ability to lead the noble cause. Just because you have the Matrix, doesn't mean you can wield it and become the leader. UM didn't think he had what it takes, and doubted his own ability to lead. In a way, UM lost a little respect from me due to his hesitation. But some people are happy just being a soldier. Even when they fixed UM, he still didn't claim the Matrix.

To me, this scene was more about setting the stage for season three and legitimizing the character of Rodimus Prime. UM didn't "rise from the ranks". Why wouldnt Prime tell UM that some day he will rise and light their darkest hour. He specifically said "an Autobot" will. Its almost as if, Prime knew UM was not worthy. Maybe Prime purposely let the Matrix fall as a final test...
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
carissa
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
To me, this scene was more about setting the stage for season three and legitimizing the character of Rodimus Prime. UM didn't "rise from the ranks". Why wouldnt Prime tell UM that some day he will rise and light their darkest hour. He specifically said "an Autobot" will. Its almost as if, Prime knew UM was not worthy. Maybe Prime purposely let the Matrix fall as a final test...
Very interesting ideas and theory. But one point here, if Optimus knew that Ultra Magnus wasn't worthy of bearing the Matrix, why did he specifically tell Magnus that he was to lead in Optimus' place?

OP> Ultra Magnus, it is to you, old friend, I shall pass the Matrix of Leadership.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #8
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa View Post
Very interesting ideas and theory. But one point here, if Optimus knew that Ultra Magnus wasn't worthy of bearing the Matrix, why did he specifically tell Magnus that he was to lead in Optimus' place?

OP> Ultra Magnus, it is to you, old friend, I shall pass the Matrix of Leadership.
I just assume Optimus' final words were inspired by a matrix-drive vision.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #9
elburrito
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I just assume Optimus' final words were inspired by a matrix-drive vision.
Optimus was all messed up. Out of his head and not paying attention or he would have noticed Stan Bush start to play when UM dropped the matrix and Hot Rod caught it.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #10
justprime
Animated

Magnus was the receptical for the matrix ( safe keping) untill the new leader emerged as for weilding the matrix scourge did in season three so that blows the being an autobot/worthyness, the ability to use it... idea out,... as we know how that turned out,.. also the matrix is more that just knowlage as it does alter a transformes size,shape and abilities..
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote