Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 10-25-2016, 12:20 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Takara Unite Warrior EX Baldigus/Ruination

Fans of both Combiner Wars and Car Robots/Robots In Disguise rejoice! Takara Tomy Mall has just updated with their listing for Baldigus/Ruination. Yes, Dangar/Armorhide, Greejeeper/Rollbar, Shuttler/Movor, Heptar/Rotor, and Dolrailer/Mega Octane, are all coming in March 2017. This is a repaint of Combiner Wars Bruticus done up in Robots In Disguise/Car Robots colors. We get to see combined modes in two different combinations as well as the whole team in vehicle mode and robot modes. Additionally, this figure will utilize the combiner hands and feet from Combiner Wars Computron. This figure also utilizes weapons from Unite Warriors Computron and Devastator! » Continue Reading.

The post Takara Unite Warrior EX Baldigus/Ruination appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 10-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Takara Unite Warrior EX Baldigus/Ruination

Looks really good
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Did not expect to like that so much. Love the extra weapons. Whole thing just pops.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Just pre-ordered mine at BBTS. RID is what got me back into collecting Transformers in 2001, so I'm definitely getting this.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #5
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

I have to say, I like how Movor's vehicle mode cockpit winds up on his back in contrast to Unite Warriors Blast Off, makes the figure look much better in robot mode. Apart from that, I can't say I'm a fan of those other weapons being recycled from UW Computron and Devastator and how Takara tried to shoehorn in a combining guns gimmick. UW Computron's gun at least looked like a coherent whole when combined, but the same can't be said for Baldigus, whose combining guns look like a mishmash. I suppose it's a bit strange that this set uses CW Computron's hands and feet instead of the usual HFGs, but since this is a gestalt from another continuity from G1 (whose UW gestalts all use the HFGs), I suppose consistency in that regard isn't too important.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
I have to say, I like how Movor's vehicle mode cockpit winds up on his back in contrast to Unite Warriors Blast Off, makes the figure look much better in robot mode. Apart from that, I can't say I'm a fan of those other weapons being recycled from UW Computron and Devastator and how Takara tried to shoehorn in a combining guns gimmick. UW Computron's gun at least looked like a coherent whole when combined, but the same can't be said for Baldigus, whose combining guns look like a mishmash. I suppose it's a bit strange that this set uses CW Computron's hands and feet instead of the usual HFGs, but since this is a gestalt from another continuity from G1 (whose UW gestalts all use the HFGs), I suppose consistency in that regard isn't too important.
Can normal uw blastoff transform that way?

Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

I really like this, but I don't want the Hot Spot and Alpha Bravo core molds again, let alone another Onslaught. (HTS had the one I bought for $7.50 and I'm still kinda not feeling it)

I wish they'd release these individually, I'd snap the other two, maybe three up. The Brawl mold is pretty bad but man he looks good there.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:53 PM   #8
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Can normal uw blastoff transform that way?
Yes, it can, albeit, it's not G1 accurate to do so, but it does improve the aesthetics of the robot mode, proportion-wise.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Yes, it can, albeit, it's not G1 accurate to do so, but it does improve the aesthetics of the robot mode, proportion-wise.
Nice. I don't have uw blastoff, but strafe is all kinds of awesome.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:23 AM   #10
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Nice. I don't have uw blastoff, but strafe is all kinds of awesome.
Really, Movor is essentially the exact same figure as Blast Off, only with different colors, so anything the Movor figure can do, Blast Off should be able to do as well.

I never liked UW Blast Off as a figure because of the deformed looking shuttle mode and the big chest piece on robot mode, and the dinky little pistol. Strafe was a much better use of the mold due to the better looking vehicle mode, better robot proportions because it's Blast Off reversed, and extra weapons (heck, even Strafe's tailfins can be used as armblades!).

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 10-26-2016 at 12:26 AM.