Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #1
Longshot
Pretender
X2Toys XT10 Sky Crusher

When I first saw Sky Crusher (Jetfire/ Skyfire) I was strangely drawn to it. I don't know why. I have Fans Toys Phoenix and for me that was the definitive Skyfire. But Sky Crusher stood out nonetheless. Aside from some issues I'm really glad I grabbed this figure.

As you can see, Sky Crusher is quite hefty. There are generous portions of him made out of diecast metal. And he is, according to the Tuna Standard masterpiece-sized making him the ideal Skyfire for a CHUG collection. He is quite solid and the materials are excellent. There is no slop in the joints.

The big piece of contention here is obviously the helmet. Wow, it is just huge. I don't know why they couldn't have shrunk it down in size. There is a light up feature for the headmaster (sorry, I didn't have any batteries on hand). The face portion is magnetically attached to the back of the headmaster. The port is a standard connection used by Hasbro/ TakaraTomy headmasters.

The Headmaster has decent articulation. My apologies, I wasn't able to get my camera to pick out the facial features.

Sky Crusher comes with the basics and even an additional figure, "reserved soldier" on sprue you can put together.

These pieces slide onto the wings so you can mount Sky Crusher's weapons on to the booster pack when he is in jet mode. They also help connect his two rifles into one giant weapon. Other than that there is no other place to store them on the figure if you choose to have Sky Crusher hold his weapons in rifle mode. If there is a way please tell me.

Last edited by Longshot; 12-07-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
Longshot
Pretender
Re: X2Toys XT10 Sky Crusher

The weapons are held by slotting them into a port in the palm of the figure.

Speaking of hands, the fingers are only jointed at the knuckles and there is no thumb articulation.

The transformation wasn't hard. The various pegs and ports were tight and stiff. The jet mode was decent and X2Toys did a decent job hiding the head underneath the jet. I didn't bother transforming Sky Crusher into the other modes as they seemed to be trying too hard to make them happen. The gerwalk mode didn't stand too well and fortress mode was bleh. If you want to see the other modes they are available on the net somewhere. For me, it was jet mode and robot mode only.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
Longshot
Pretender

Overall, the figure is quite good. It is solid, feels good in hand and those heel spurs make Sky Crusher stand mightily in place. My issues are rubbing off of paint and the unnecessary extra modes. I'm glad X2Toys gave us so much but it didn't have to. That giant helmet is goofy and that could have been re-worked. I slapped in Ptero to see how it would fit and it seems smaller making the helmet look that much more bigger.

I enjoyed Sky Crusher and I think you would too. It fits well with CHUG collections and a nice addition for people collecting Skyfire/ Jetfire.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Longshot
Pretender

Update: I scored the version 2.0 head and don't even know what to say... See for yourselves.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #5
Longshot
Pretender

The design looks waaayyy better but his head has even gotten smaller! And I'm not even to mention how fidgety and loose his head is compared to the original. Transforming the head back forth requires patience since the legs pop off way too easily and the rest of him gets so easily out of alignment.
I still love Sky Crusher and it is very solid but the glaring fault with his head is hard to ignore.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #6
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Nice, detailed review bro. Overall, FT Phoenix still blows this out of the water aesthetically. The head on this is oddly proportioned and there is a lot of the robot visible in jet mode. At $130, you're better off getting the Seige Jetfire or put the money towards Phoenix.

ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote