Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Linkin Park Soundwave Unboxing Pics

Just thought I'd share some pics I took of "Gold" Soundwave since it arrived today. I tried taking pics with a flash and they didnt look anything like the real thing so I turned the flash off and just used decent lighting.

I was a bit worried about what colour he would end up being. Overall, I really like it. The lighting really affects how shiny it looks I find.

The packaging is awesome. I like how the image of Soundwave wraps around the box. The internal purple velvet is odd but I guess contrasts the gold some. Reminds me of royalty.

The figure is ok. It lacks contrast. The face and feet are just painted black and everything else is gold. Thought the eyes couldve used some gold chrome treatment. Hips couldve been black too. The gold chrome is faint so dont expect much.

Anyways, I'm an avid G1 cassette collector so the minions are really the true stars of this set IMO. Although I have to admit, they do look naked. And yes, there is no difference between buzzsaw and laserbeak. Whatever, I finally got these cassettes to add to my cassette collection and reprolabels will take care of the rest.

One final thing I noticed, the box had Hasbro Quebec written on it and then it also said Austrailia. Any idea why?

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 10-02-2013 at 08:30 PM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Msol
Titanium
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Unboxing Pics

Cool stuff. Thanks for uploading! Does the colour look right to you in the pics? I was worried it would be much brighter in person. Looks pretty sharp here.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
MULTIPLEX

Honestly it's really hard to get the true colour in a photo. The official pictures made it look way too bright. For the LEGO fans out there it's similar to pearl gold. Much like the LEGO colour, it's not a uniform tone, it's variable under brighter lights which give it a slight luster. The die cast on the other hand is metallic gold paint, really well done.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #4
MULTIPLEX

Just thought I'd bump this old thread since the unfortunate passing of Chester Bennington yesterday. Chester was a huge Transformers fan and as we know was part of the score for a few of the TF live action movies.

Some of you may not of known but Linkin Park collaborated with Hasbro to release this special edition G1 Soundwave. There was a lot of hate over the colours when it was revealed. When you compare it to some of the subsequent "Year of the..." crap decos that have come out, this set is not even on that level of tackiness.

I really like my set, have since day 1. As I said above, the pictures on the net do not do the set justice. If you were a Linkin Park fan, consider picking up this set as a great homage to Chester and his contributions to the TF franchise and his love for G1.

I blasted Chester's music a lot during some hard times. I just felt the need to share this set with you guys once again.

RIP Chester.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:14 PM   #5
DuG
Titanium

Great stuff, glad I was able to find this set at a decent price. Soundwave has always been my fav character as he bridges two of my passions: music and transformers.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #6
miyinan
Generation 2
miyinan's Ebay Auctions

Bump!
miyinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:57 PM   #7
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Funny I saw this pop up on Craigslist for 200 the day after his passing...lol

Opportunists are awesome.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #8
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Funny I saw this pop up on Craigslist for 200 the day after his passing...lol

Opportunists are awesome.
Usually the way it goes. I'd never heard of this until today when I saw it posted for sale somewhere today. Interesting piece for sure. Thanks for sharing Multi and for whoever bumped the thread
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote