Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Pgianos
Banned
Canadian TF Sellers

I would really like to support Canadian sellers of tf toys like a3u, kooltoyz, icfj, autamoton but they are not even in the ball park of the overseas sellers in many cases. Ex MP 17-19 I got each taxes all in 65 to my door but Canadian sellers with the tax and ridiculous shipping costs the cheapest I've seen is 100 to my door. I guess what I'm saying is I want to buy from Canadians but they need to do something to cut costs somewhere to be at least close so I can convince myself to buy from them. I feel bad but then again I don't exactly have a money tree either.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
namomaz
Beasty
Re: Canadian TF Sellers

I agree with you Pgianos. Its good to support our own economy but at the same time we barely have enough money to pay our bills. The price difference should be around 10$ not 40$

My feedback thread

Last edited by namomaz; 01-12-2014 at 10:50 PM.
namomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Well I know some sellers like B&K offer free pick up at local events. Maybe buy directly at shows will be cheaper?

But honestly, how can anyone expect Canadian sellers to be competitive will Asian sellers? This stuff is made over in Asia and they are importing it here. They pay taxes, shipping, import charges and have to make some profit for there trouble too. Otherwise how can they stay in business?

So what is the point of this thread? Stating the obvious? In the end, it's your own personal choice and no one will fault you for going either route.

Personally I choose the Asian route. Does that make me a bad person? Nope.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
Pgianos
Banned

The point of the thread, and obviously the reaons they can't compete as you mentioned above are not through faults of their own, is to give them feedback that they need to do something to gain a greater share of the market because I WANT them too succeed. I don't know maybe they can all buy in bulk together to get a discount? I don't know how it works but as the poster above said within 10 dollars for ex and we would help keep the money in Canada!
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Fair enough. Keep the money in Canada I agree. But even the big dogs in the US (BBTS and TFSource) who have huge market share and purchasing power, can't compete with Asian pricing, yet they thrive. So even if Canadian sellers gained more market share, I doubt there prices would drop that drastically. Just my opinion.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #6
Johnstewling
Banned

Please tell me where you are buying from overseas sellers and getting Masterpiece figures, I need to know, the Canadian and US Prices are crazy.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #7
Slayback
Animated

Ok... this is an interesting thread. Powerbuys are nice but disagreements happen etc. not to mention the fact that somewhere along the line 2xshipping would occur -because automaton and ages 3 and up are nowhere close to each other. Powerbuys would be nice but you need a bunch of guys willing to work together and then there would be a setting of prices. Chances are - you'll have a lot of customers complaining that sellers are price setting figures.

In the end what these guys do is help the economy. They create jobs for people and feed them. they also help keep people from going on social assistance etc (i'm not sure but pretty sure that a portion of our taxes go to S.A)

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815

Last edited by Slayback; 01-12-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by namomaz View Post
I agree with you Pgianos. Its good to support our own economy but at the same time we barely have enough money to pay our bills. The price difference should be around 10$ not 40$
If you (as a general you) barely have enough money to pay your bills, you definitely shouldn't be buying Transformers...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
Slayback
Animated

I'm also not sure how you can say companies in the US are thriving?

BBTS has cutout the wholesale market- They now sell only directly to the customer. I guess when i look at it - they're unwilling to share the market with their competitors. So either times aren't as great as they used to be - or they're just in it for themselves -which is quite possible.

There's also several hundred more million people in the US -granted they're not all buying transformers online, but its not a far stretch to say that there's a bigger base of collectors and nerd-dom over there than Canada. Shipping is also unbelievably cheaper in the states than Canada. Alot of these factors fit in :P

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #10
namomaz
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
If you (as a general you) barely have enough money to pay your bills, you definitely shouldn't be buying Transformers...
Being a transformers fan doesn't mean paying the highest price for a toy. In my opinion, I don't think it's a smart move. I for example always end up spending the money I saved on something else.

My feedback thread
namomaz is offline   Reply With Quote